• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Let's start Again

After 35 variations from last yer, this season will be on a light side - 6 Chocolate Naga started from seeds and few Naga/Fatalii plants that successfully survive last winter.

First and most strongest Nagas are ready to transplant in final destination so I came to idea for a little experiment - separate them in two groups, one with long-term fertilizer and second one with Chilli focus.

Since my plan is to reuse dirt from last year grow first steps is adding some valuable elements in soil - few liters of two year old compost, worm castings and some sludge from aquarium filters.
After soil preparation now it's time to transplant:

First plant that will be powered by Scottt Osomocote (regular dosage of one table spoon)

DSC02423.JPG

And second one that will be run on Chilli Focus:

DSC02427.JPG

Plants will be on same location and on same watering regime so it will be interesting to compare how they perform on different fertilizers.

DSC02430.JPG

Thank you !

Bunch of Nagas and Fatalli that successfully overwinter in worm room with south facing windows.
On the end of season I've trimmed roots and plants and plant in new soil with minimal watering when needed - and to my surprise all of 20 various pepper plants (Habaneros are in other place) survived.

DSC02432.JPG

Ciao Andrej-

Those 2 red plastic containers on the right..are those perhaps IKEA waste baskets? That's what Duane uses and I just had a chuckle that someone else thought of it, too. :)

Plants look great. I am also interested in seeing the results of the fetilizer comparison through the season.

jacob

Sorellina said:
Ciao Andrej-

Those 2 red plastic containers on the right..are those perhaps IKEA waste baskets? That's what Duane uses and I just had a chuckle that someone else thought of it, too. :)

Yes they are :lol:
Cheapest 4 gal bucket (1,5 EUR ) and very tough since this is second season with them and they all ( more than 40 pcs) look like new :)
And this red color fits perfectly with peppers - http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?12615-Another-Grow-Log-2009&highlight=

Thank you !

Today I've finished planting all peppers out and made selection of new plants, overwintered and clones in two groups for fertilizer comparison.

Yesterday was quite busy and painful day but mission was successfully completed - all peppers are on their final destination :onfire:

DSC02436.JPG

All plants looks like they enjoy their new location even it's a little bit cold for them but I'm quite surprised that two Nagas shows signs of rapid growth since they gain about 50% height in a just four days !

DSC02433_cr.jpg

Left one is Naga clone made form cuttings at beginning of January and right one is Chocolate Naga that started from seeds in middle of December
I've made about ten clones of my favorite Nagas and Fatalii and it will be interesting to monitor how they perform in comparison with new and overwintered plants.

Back