• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Lettuce and chocolate cherry tomato...

Hi guys!

I plan to grow few plants of each mentioned in subject, for my own needs, of course.

Could you please help me with some guides about seeding, container size, fertilizing...

Is it similar to peppers or way more different?

Lettuce should be something like in the picture below and I plan to grow it in self watering 2l bottles for each lettuce, near my east to south east side window. I hope that is big enough "container" for a single lettuce head.
stock-photo-7888237-butterhead-lettuce.jpg
stock-photo-fresh-green-lettuce-salad-on-white-isolated-background-30903562.jpg

i think that the average lettuce should do ok in a container that size. Cover the clear plastic with something to prevent the algae and natural root death from the light though. Best of luck and keep us updated.

lettuce does best in cooler temperatures, while staying moist all the time.

well, it'll remain within my apartment so, there won't be more than 25 degrees Celsius at any time and east side window will give them around 6 hours of sun per day.

what about fertilizer? I have only liquid one, for tomatoes, I use it for peppers too, half dose, is it suitable for lettuce?

Ive never used any fertilizer on my lettuce because they've always done well outside anyways. but after a quick search on the net, It seems from several sources that standard 10-10-10 is best suited for them. cheers

Back