• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Light brown spots all over leaves

Hey everyone

Over the past few days I've noticed these spots appear on the leaves of one of my plants. I repotted the plant into this pot about 3 days ago and have since basically left it alone under a tree where it gets a bit of morning sun. Actually I also gave it a bit of Miracle Gro fertiliser just after replanting it.

Is this something I should be worried about? The spots are on the larger leaves and also on the smaller new growth around the base of the plant. I was thinking I'd either spray it with some epsom salts in case of magnesium deficiency or just leave it alone in case it was a case of too much fertiliser. I was leaning towards leaving it alone and seeing what happens over the next few days. What would you do?

Thanks
Chris

P1062556_zps4e316255.jpg

P1062555_zps6aaeb7d6.jpg

Did you wet the leaves when you fertilised the plant?

Miracle Gro is a fertiliser brand. Which Micracle Gro fertiliser product did you use?

Magnesium deficiency is results in the older leaves of the plant yellowing between the veins. The symptoms that you have described and shown in the photos does not match Magnesium deficiency.

oops, I used MG max Feed tomato and vegetable and I'm pretty sure that I did wet the leaves. The magnesium thing came about because I saw some other posts where leaves had brown spots and someone suggested that as a possible cause...

I've used Miracle Gro Maxfeed Tomato and Vegetable soluble fertiliser in the past. Being over one fifth Nitrogen it made the Capsicum Baccatum plants take off like rockets. NPK on the label of mine is 20:2.2:9.0 though they failed to include the nitrate from that which contributed 5% Calcium in the N calculation.

The crown of the plant appears to be okay. I wouldn't worry too much about the spots yet.

What variety is the plant?

Thanks for the replies Harry. I have also used the maxfeed tomato stuff with success but never had any brown spots appear on any of my other plants, that's why I was a bit concerned. Anyway I'll leave it alone for now and see how things play out over the next few days. The plant is c.chinense, 7 pot I think.

Thakns

The seedlings look rather young for any chemicals...If your soil medium is new then theres no real need to feed ( kinda like spoon feeding a baby thats not hungry) until the true 4th leaf set appears. At least thats how I do it. Foliar spraying while young is fine at a highly diluted rate, and not during the ist part of your light cycle. Be easy on the chemicals and your plants will appreciate it. Theres been a few photos posted in the glogs where someones pepper plants actually looked like curley leafed spinach........due to an O.D. of chemicals............. :cry:
Good luck with the seedlings .........give'em water when they're thirsty.

Greg

Back