Light colour 9500k useable?

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on THP, though I'm starting my 2016 grow soon. I have 2 TNEON fixtures (each are 2x55W and total around 7600 lumen combined).

I normally use 6500k lamps for vegetative growth which works well. They also sell 2900k for blooming and 9500k for cuttings/multiplying (obviously these are made for cannabis.. but hell.. photosynthesis is photosynthesis right?).. Now they had a very good deal on the 9500k lamps (only 3 euro = about 4 dollar each), so I thought screw it and give those a shot as well. I had to buy spare 6500k lamps anyway. 

I figure 6500k is superior over 9500k as it's the one recommended for vegetative growth, though were does the 9500k spectrum come in? It's meant for cutting/multiplying.. does this mean it stimulates rooting for seedlings? (i.e. can I use it in a certain growth phase to boost my babies?)

Unfortunately I don't have that much time and space to experiment so I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. I hope one of you guys has some experience with this, if not I might want to use them for grafts/cuttings instead.

I've used up to 12k with no issues. Honestly anything between 6-12k is fine. If anything I noticed a darker lusher green on ones under the bluer spectrum. Though this would probably be better for vegative growth than during flower.

Note I only used them because that's what I already had handy I didn't buy them for that purpose

I figure 6500k is better for vegetative growth, but I was wondering if there's a certain life phase of the plants where it might actually have a positive influence.. i.e. if I could trick the plants to do something better with the different color.

Wien's displacement law

Formula:
λ = b / T
Where,
λ = Peak Wavelength b = 0.028977 mK (Wien's constant) T = Temperature

95000k's peak is 305 nm

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Calculator+of+Wien%27s+Displacement+Law&a=*FS-_*WiensDisplacementLaw.T-&f2=9500k&f=WiensDisplacementLaw.T_9500k&a=*FVarOpt.1-_***WiensDisplacementLaw.lambda--.***WiensDisplacementLaw.nu---.*--

but its really not as simple as that-anyway your question how well will it grow?

unfortunatley its just outside the par range so not as well as 6500k which has a peak of 445.8nm slightly more photosynthetically active

note this is just the peak-there are other wavelengths scattered around so trial an error will be the best teacher

this probably will grow but its not really what you want(ofcourse 9500k describes the colour it looks to the human eye not the spectrum so-your guess is as good as mine) I assume these bulbs are for visualisation not photosynthesis though

Back