• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

light green new leaves

Hi, after i started to move the plants out in the sun and give them bigger pots some of the new leaves are light green. To litle of something? I do give them epsom spray every week. After i started to have them out in the sun 3-5 hour the last week they started to grow faster, could that be the reason?

2014-06-09%2013.24.05.jpg

Thanx :-) I thought they were missing som N since the new leaves was light green. Since i had them grow inside in my basement under LED they maybe didnt grow fast enough to make light green leaves? I do see that the grow speed is higher under the sun than under the LED.

pwb said:
Thanx :-) I thought they were missing som N since the new leaves was light green. Since i had them grow inside in my basement under LED they maybe didn't grow fast enough to make light green leaves? I do see that the grow speed is higher under the sun than under the LED.

I noticed the same thing this summer, when the nights started getting so warm.  I'd check them in the morning and notice a surprising amount of light green new growth.  "Where the heck did these leaves come from?"   :shocked:   The plants seem to be storing energy during the day, then going into manic growth mode overnight.  IMO, so long as the leaves darken in a day or so, they're doing fine.

pwb said:
Hi, after i started to move the plants out in the sun and give them bigger pots some of the new leaves are light green. To litle of something? I do give them epsom spray every week. After i started to have them out in the sun 3-5 hour the last week they started to grow faster, could that be the reason?

2014-06-09%2013.24.05.jpg
Your leaves are bigger than half my plants

I have a pair of Habanero's that are doing the same thing.  I like the light green, dark green contrast.  It looks good.

Your plants look so healthy, I would not worry at all the increased growth due to the new sun is light green, the plant is just having trouble keeping up w/ the new growth spurt, give it a few weeks to grow into itself it will be fine keep doing what you're doing your plants will turn out great! Good luck to you

Reactions: pwb
As others have said, could be just an adjustment period. However, if the growth remains yellow and/or gets worse, consider watering less frequently. Chile plants prefer semi-dry conditions and yellowing is most often the plant telling you it's too wet. The plants look very healthy otherwise!

Back