• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Light Green/Yellow Leaves

Hi all, what do you reckon is causing the top leaves on one of my bhut plants to turn such a light green/yellow colour. I bottom water whenever they need it (around every 5-7 days) and give them chilli focus every other watering. If anything, the photo doesn't show the yellowness as starkly as in person (or in plant :cool:), mainly because my camera is mucho pantalones. It's an old phone with an awful camera, nonetheless you can still make out the colour difference. Also would be interested to hear any other comments if there's anything obviously wrong that I haven't seen (other than the awful sunburn on the smaller plant in the bottom left... I got carried away with the burst of summer weather we had here in the garden of England last week)

Cheers

Matt

DSC00163.jpg

Using the 'plant problem solver' post it would appear it might be an iron or manganese deficiency. If it is either (or both) of those things then I'm a bit confused, surely the chilli focus would be supplying these nutrients to the plant in sufficient quantity?

Mucho pantalones? Ummmmmm, huh? Your plants have a lot of pants? lol
Try some epsom salt. It should green 'em up for ya.

Mucho pantalones? Ummmmmm, huh? Your plants have a lot of pants? lol
Try some epsom salt. It should green 'em up for ya.

lol, the camera is a lot of pants, or in other words, it's naff, rubbish or a pile of wank!!! Epsom salts eh? By gum its so simple!!! Ta very much for the advice

Thanks alot

Matt

Chilli focus is acidic, and should contain all the minerals your plants need, be careful you may be feeding them to much.

Chilli focus is acidic, and should contain all the minerals your plants need, be careful you may be feeding them to much.

Hi PH, I don't think I'm feeding them too much, but I am relatively new to this growing lark, I'm just staying on the conservative side of what the instructions on the bottle say and hoping for the best :halo:

I can't find the spec sheet on chill focus, but since it says its seaweed based, they should be getting enough nitrogen.

+1 to the epsom salts

Hi PH, I don't think I'm feeding them too much, but I am relatively new to this growing lark, I'm just staying on the conservative side of what the instructions on the bottle say and hoping for the best :halo:
I can't find the spec sheet on chill focus, but since it says its seaweed based, they should be getting enough nitrogen.

+1 to the epsom salts
If you google it you can find the description I looked at the PDF but it did not allow copying it is acidic according to their PDF. you should contact them if your worried about a deficiency I would think they have to tell you whats in it don't yah think?

Chile Focus is a tad light in the nitrogen department. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a little to your fertilizing regime. I use it and find that I have better growth/pod production if I use another fertilizer with nitrogen in the 8 range.

Thanks for the input guys, from what I've been reading I think the problem could be a lack of oxygen to the roots and since I don't think I've been overwatering I think it could just be a lack of bulky bits in the soil, maybe its got too compacted and its not allowing the roots to breathe? Does this sound possible? Although you can't really see from the crap photo, the very top leaves are curling quite dramatically upwards and recently (in the last day or two) have developed purple patches on the leaves and stems.

I'll get some ep salts and look into a more nitrogen rich fertilizer see if that helps things and if it doesn't, in the words of Arnie Schwarzenegger...I'll be back!!! :scared:

Cheers

Matt

Back