• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting Lighting

anyone know what type of grow light this is? I looked on the back and the information label was removed. It seems to put out a lot of light but not much heat.
Any information will be helpful.
388732_2863299987747_1417141400_33078253_589904615_n.jpg

if it is a 400 watt HPS, that would be just right for a 4' X 4' area....

^^ I agree.... its a HPS either 400W or 600W should be some sort of marking on either the base of the bulb, or a label on the ballast.

[sup]if it is a 600W or a 400W it will suit your grow Space perfectly. Either way. its a good bulb, high in the red spectrums of light. It will serve you very well. [/sup]
[sup]It would just be nice to know the actual wattage.[/sup]

is that thing mounted on a light mover rail? interesting luminaire

That's what it appears, I'm not a big fan of the "airborne style" ballasts/reflector combo units. If they were permanently mounted that would be fine, They're kind of difficult to work with if you don't use a rail system. Also that's not the best reflector. Try to work in the grow area with the light glaring in the eyes. I'd go with a reflector that wraps below the lamp and focuses the light downward. That particular light shown in the photo works better in a large grow when you have many units patterned throughout the room. Those are good for spraying the light ......just my opinion

Greg

Back