• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Lime bush, Mulberry trees & other trees.

P1100387.jpg

Just posting about my Lime bush plus a caterpillar. Will be posting was I hope to be some great pixs as well. This is the 3rd caterpillar I've seen on it, but the first of its kind. Hope its a lime butter fly larve. But will have to see when done the change. Will be getting more types of citrus trees. Will also use this for my Mulberry trees And all other trees. As have just planted some longan seeds and lemon seeds though dought the lemon will be any good, may have to buy a tree. But would love to learn and share info on them....

4799265618_c6a12b4dc2.jpg

there ya go.

when you post an image use these forum tags:

"["img"]""["/img"]"

just take out the quotation marks and put the url of the image where the two "" are together.

Do photobucket; it's easy. Create an account and then;
1st-reduce the size of your picture to about 300kb or less.
2nd-upload to photobucket
3rd-Name and save your pics.
4th-Hover your cursor over the pic and a drop-down menu will appear; copy the img address
5th-paste that img. address here.
Repeat step 4 and 5 for all of the rest of your pics.
You can only post 4 pics per post, so post as many times as needed for all of the pics. Cheers and good luck.

If you're growing a lime tree here you'll need to add zinc to the soil; either bury a tin can with your tree or find yourself some "Fetrilon-Combi-1". It is sold here and has a bunch of micro-nutes including zinc.

can mulberry thrive in tropical climate/area?

Yes! Up north (Chiang Mai) mulberry is a very big crop. Thailand has many products based on the mulberry.
Technically the tropics go plus or minus (north/south) 15 degrees from the equator and Chiang Mai is north of that a fair bit; I'm at 13+ degrees north latitude and Chiang Mai is just shy of 19 degrees north latitude. On Doi Inthanon (Mt. Inthanon) it actually freezes in the winter. It's in Chiang Mai.

Yes! Up north (Chiang Mai) mulberry is a very big crop. Thailand has many products based on the mulberry.
Technically the tropics go plus or minus (north/south) 15 degrees from the equator and Chiang Mai is north of that a fair bit; I'm at 13+ degrees north latitude and Chiang Mai is just shy of 19 degrees north latitude. On Doi Inthanon (Mt. Inthanon) it actually freezes in the winter. It's in Chiang Mai.

thanks for the info. so probably it can grow here in the PI.. gotta research on mulberry. was only able to taste mulberry in bottled just form imported from somewhere. would you know where can i get seeds... :?:

thanks for the info. so probably it can grow here in the PI.. gotta research on mulberry. was only able to taste mulberry in bottled just form imported from somewhere. would you know where can i get seeds... :?:

Not off hand. I think people buy cuttings; but I know they put out a delicious berry so there are seeds. I'll check around.

Mulberry trees should be pretty easy to grow from seed I would think, since new trees sprout up all the time from the dropped berries. They're a nuisance for some people who try to clear them out only to find they keep coming back. I have a mulberry tree right behind my house, the berries taste pretty good, but they're a little hit and miss. Some of them are sweet and taste good, others aren't very sweet and are lacking in flavor.

Avon Barksdale, I'm in agreement they are a little hit and miss on wild picking off the berrys. Leaves are bitter to add to salads. But Black Mulberries grow good for me here, and a can't get Rassberry, Blackberry, Blueberrys, strawberrys to grow here. Theres no Winter here where I am, the coldest I've see is 20 C for maybe 2 hour then did not go under 26 C for the rest of the Jan plus in the days when back up to 30 C...

I may have 2 seedling of strawberry plants, but must wait till more leaves are up. Have alot of seedling not sure what they are. As did a mass planting.

As for Mulberry trees read alot about them before getting them as could not be for most. I don't have a big choice of berries, and only trying to grow strawberries from seeds I got but probably going to have no luck... Read to put the seeds in the freezer for 2 weeks. Will try when I'm back from BKK and have time to baby the seedlings.

Siling_Labuyo, I could send you some seeds, but my tree hasn't produced any berries in at least a month. I can check tomorrow when it's light outside and see if I can find any old berries on the ground though.

Siling, just checked, and I didn't find any berries on the ground, but to my surprise I did find 4 small berries still on the tree protected by the shade, they look fairly fresh. I don't know anything about mulberry seeds or starting trees so I can't guarantee they'll work or provide any guidance, but I would be happy to mail them to you if you want to try. I can attempt to clean the fruit from the seeds or just mail the whole berries (dried first?). I usually don't do a very good job with delicate tasks like that, but I can try. :D I did find this link though http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/propagation/ and it says they aren't too difficult to start from seed.

If you want them just PM your address, and what I need to do to mail them to the Philippines. I don't know anything about postage for sending them there, or any other considerations I might need to know.

According to wiki my mulberry tree is probably Morus rubra, or red mulberry by the way. The fruits are usually more blackish than red though.

Back