• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Lime bush, Mulberry trees & other trees.

Ok just got back from BKK, got two lemon trees, one pomigranit, two grape vines, egg plant seeds, one mulberry, 3 types of basil, one purple passion fruit vine, And a few more old plants. When we got back found out that 5 dragon fruit seedlings, two lemon seedlings, one passion fruit seedling are up and got 1 pineapple to plant as well tomorrow.

P1100602.jpg

First Lime I got, let it go yellow so I can plant the seeds and get seedlings.

P1100688.jpg

I must ask, as I'm very new to Lemon & Lime trees. Here's some of things was told by Aussies. As the ones I have are cuttings. let them get (Root bound) and (branch alot) as need so many to fruit maybe (add 8/24/24) After done (Repot) add (Hi 26/0/0) and back to (8/24/24) was told may fruit 4 times a year, also told by Thai they will go all year?

I bought one Seedless big lime . Trouble is it stoped growing should I add 26/0/0 ? or doing any thing. Was in a pot to big dirt to wet to much fert 8/24/24, is now fixed but not growing.
I Bought one ? Thai lime. Doing good get about 2 limes a month so far, but bought it fruiting it drops alot of pods but is still seting flowers and keeping some pods to fruit.
I Bought one Med lime tree. The biggest I've got so far. Is flowering, needs to be repotted as its 6 feet and in a tin can as cam from a cutting. It too has no new leaves.
And Then I've got
I Bought 2 Lemon trees. 3 feet tall, Lots of new leaves and getting more, Fruiting and flowering, getting root bound, on a 08/24/24 fert, So right now doing great far better than my Limes. I think ? ? ?
Planted 2 lemon seeds, got 2 lemon seedlings, on 4th leaf now
Planted 2 Tangerine seeds still waiting.
Planted 3 sort of like Mandrin Orange seeds still waiting.
Planted 4 Thai lime seeds still waiting.

Any Ideas ? Can they fruit year round ?

Ok understand abit more about Lemon & Lime trees. Have found I can get small bush to do great plus flower and try and set fruit when are put in a small pot and almost root bound. Size seems to be something as too if they will keep the fruit as at 2 feet that lime tree is growing flowering but droping all the tiny fruit. Where as the one 3+ feet is growing 2 but droped the others, and is back in flower again. Have been finding when are in small pots plus abit of play with lite Fert they are growing flowering fruiting (fruit is very slow to get ripe) then growing more off shoots and look to start too flower. Still waiting on alot of fruit as have only picked 3 ripe limes so far. Waiting on over 50 fruits with the biggest tree only 4 feet tall and most others 3 feet

As for the Black mulberries trees just cutting them down every 2 months is getting them to fruit over and over.
I'm really trying to get some White mulberries seed or trees if can get them in Thailand...

Just had to add this pix to learn how to post pixs again.. But is very cute bird trying to play with Prik si som

P1020608.jpg

Better pix of crazy bird
P1100701.jpg

Yes shes a very cute Owl. Is small enough to not be any trouble, as big Owl can be alot of trouble. Just ate my first Lemons off the 1 lemon tree,,, not good tasting any advice to get them to taste sweeter ??????/?

Yes shes a very cute Owl. Is small enough to not be any trouble, as big Owl can be alot of trouble. Just ate my first Lemons off the 1 lemon tree,,, not good tasting any advice to get them to taste sweeter ??????/?
generally then are a bit sour(sometimes a bit bitter)... sweet lemons ... i have yet to taste one which is sweet...

they are good to make juice, use for cooking or just ice lemon Tea ......good to drink on a hot day.

Back