• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lime dilution ratios

Hey all.

I've started to notice leaf curl on a few plants as well as some leaves (not primary cots) turning lighter green.
It's possibly from stress, from moving about, direct sunlight suddenly... but my instinct says it's a calcium and ph factor.

My repots were with peat moss, not coir so I imagine ph change might have shocked. Also, I've not yet given any nutrients.

My instinct is to give them some magnesium lime diluted In water to sort it out. Bearing in mind most plants are 4 - 6 inches tall.

My other alternative is feeding them a bit of the fertiliser I have (5-5-5).
Before it gets suggested, I Can't find seaweed nutes in Japan, so I'll import it in advance next year.

2RsJxIg.jpg

The plants are doing so well other than this, don't like the babies suffering.

I frequently have the same problem with my starts in my homemade peat mix. Mine usually straighten out after they get a little bigger, and it may be from my mineral rich high akalinity water (8.0ph or so).

Actually, it looks like the plant may be getting a bit rootbound. You might want to try something about the size of a 1 litre plastic yogurt tub and drill a few holes in the bottom for drainage if it doesn't already have them.

It's got drainage holes. Roots aren't particularly abundant on that one yet.

Might give it a try anyway and hope some fresh soil helps

I think I remember Burning Colon said something about making his own seaweed amendments from (what I think is) regular kombu. I know you can get that in Tokyo.

yep, i made some a few days ago. i used dried kombu because i had it in the cupboard already. didnt ferment it but made a stock. dont want it fermenting in my apartment!

I prefer to not add stuff to plants that are that small. Keep the variables minimized. Are you letting the soil dry between watering - it looks wet to me.

Back