misc Lined caps and orifice reducers

Just a quick question ... I have read several posts where it says not to use lined caps if you use an orifice reducer. Is this just because it is not necessary or will it affect the seal? I have lined caps only and orifice reducers and was wondering if it was ok to use both?

Orifice reducer? I used to date a girl who needed one of those! </rim shot>

I've been using both just fine. Most of my sauces use lots of superhots, and is milled very smooth. So, just a few drops is all most really need and the bottle lasts quite a while. I don't use a restrictor on any thicker or milder styles.

Bottle companies recommend using unlined caps when using orifice reducers.  The lining in the caps combined with the reducer -edit- can make it difficult to get the cap properly seated.  When using reducers I have to take special care to screw the cap on completely.  I've had a few not get tight enough and they don't seal properly. 

As Scovie said. most sauces don't need a reducer.  The only sauce I use a reducer on is the Worcestershire which is the consistency of water. 

Since you only have lined caps, go ahead and use them but pay extra attention to get them screwed on tight and maybe even give the caps another tweak after the recommended Inverted/Hold time.    

hottoddy said:
Orifice reducer? I used to date a girl who needed one of those!

Omg_what_spit_drink.gif

</rim shot>

Omg_what_spit_drink.gif

Back