• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Liquid worm castings mix for sprayer

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
Since I ordered a couple gallons of pure organic liquid worm casting goodness, I figured I would ask. I'm looking to use a sprayer to apply to my outdoor plants, both on the leaves and on the soil directly, and was wondering... Should I just put it straight into the sprayer, or is there a good mix of water/worm castings to use?

is it worm casting liquid?
or is it worm runoff?
worm run off is the liquid you get from the bottom of the worm farm, that stuff needs to be watered down id say 10:1 or more but 10:1 is what most people do.
if its a worm casting liquid made by mixing water and worm castings you can do 1:1 or just by itself no harm

Balduvian said:
is it worm casting liquid?
or is it worm runoff?
worm run off is the liquid you get from the bottom of the worm farm, that stuff needs to be watered down id say 10:1 or more but 10:1 is what most people do.
if its a worm casting liquid made by mixing water and worm castings you can do 1:1 or just by itself no harm

It's worm casting liquid. So 1:1 or straight up it is :)

Here's a link to what I bought: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PO8C5S/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

elcap1999 said:

It's worm casting liquid. So 1:1 or straight up it is :)

Here's a link to what I bought: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PO8C5S/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
ya you can go straight on with it or 1:1 or 5:1 w/e you like its just a worm casting tea it wont harm your plants.. id suggest mixing with water that has been sitting 24 hours or longer, dont want chlorine in the mix lol

edit: just check the label if it says anything about a ratio, they play it safe so if it says 3:1 you know 1:1 is fine, if it doesnt say dilute then you know your good to go..
just for future :D

Balduvian said:
ya you can go straight on with it or 1:1 or 5:1 w/e you like its just a worm casting tea it wont harm your plants.. id suggest mixing with water that has been sitting 24 hours or longer, dont want chlorine in the mix lol

I'm good to go there. I've had a habit of watering my plants with water filtered with ZeroWater, which clears out virtually all the chlorine. I've got a couple gallons' worth waiting to go :) That, and my plants are outside, so they get rain water as well!

Got my liquid worm casting this morning, and the instructions couldn't be easier. I went ahead and applied them liberally to the leaves with a sprayer (the exact instructions). It says to do that once a week for a month, then go from there. If it works half as well as I've seen online, I should be golden in no time!

Back