• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

List of SuperHots

So is anyone keeping a list of the super hots anywhere? It seems like everyday I log in to the forum a new pepper is discussed!

Frank

IT IS VERY TRUE THERE NOT ALL ARE STABLE, BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT ITS INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT YOU MIGHT GET

IM OFFERING A TRUE PARIAH ITS A "PEACH HABALOKIA" FROM THE LOOK OF IT ANYWAY
IM OFFERING IT MORE FOR KICKS TO THOSE WHO LIKE TO EXPERIMENT

"MIDO" FROM THE NETHERLANDS IS GIVING IT A TRY AND IM CURIOUS HOW HE WILL MAKE OUT WITH IT, I AND A FRIEND ARE WORKING ON A FEW THIS COMING SEASON TO SEE WHAT WE GET AND THE PEACH IS ONE OF THEM

I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT WHAT THE HAY!! JUST MY TWO CENTS lol

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Oh yeah, it is definately interesting to see what you get. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not. A peach habalokia does sound interesting though.

jacob

Shoot yeah its fun to see what crosses ya get! I happened across a Naga/Jalapeno cross this year. It seems to have gone over well. So, if it stablizes next year, I guess I get to name it! WHOOPIE!!!

Shoot yeah its fun to see what crosses ya get! I happened across a Naga/Jalapeno cross this year. It seems to have gone over well. So, if it stablizes next year, I guess I get to name it! WHOOPIE!!!

I don't think its going to stabalize in a year or two more like 6-10+, and naming it should be simple IMO without adding unnessessary hype ie. Jalapeno X Naga, or maybe nagapeno for short. There's already to much confusion with chile names, especially when people make them up as they go

I agree with Potawie .... The stabilization of a variety should be done with a certain criteria ... and it takes between 3 to 5 years ... always making the isolation of the flowers of plants which comply with the protocol set

This is one of the reasons why when stabilizing a variety i do not give seeds not isolated ... do not do it out of spite or selfishness .... but to avoid not being carried out as required

for me the super-hot stable are these:

Naga Morich
Dorset naga
Bhut Jolokia (various colors)
Bih Jolokia
7 pod (various colors)
Trinidad scorpion (various colors)

morouga blend (hybrid now stable from Cmpman1974 - various colors)
habolokia (hybrid now stable from Talas)

3-5 years? I believe it usually takes longer than that for 100% stabalization. I've had f6 plants that were only about 98% stable. These day I like to grow out crosses for at least 6-7 generations

IT IS VERY TRUE THERE NOT ALL ARE STABLE, BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT ITS INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT YOU MIGHT GET

IM OFFERING A TRUE PARIAH ITS A "PEACH HABALOKIA" FROM THE LOOK OF IT ANYWAY
IM OFFERING IT MORE FOR KICKS TO THOSE WHO LIKE TO EXPERIMENT

"MIDO" FROM THE NETHERLANDS IS GIVING IT A TRY AND IM CURIOUS HOW HE WILL MAKE OUT WITH IT, I AND A FRIEND ARE WORKING ON A FEW THIS COMING SEASON TO SEE WHAT WE GET AND THE PEACH IS ONE OF THEM

I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT WHAT THE HAY!! JUST MY TWO CENTS lol

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

I would love to give it a try and make a taste test video. Do you have one to spare?

Frank

3-5 years? I believe it usually takes longer than that for 100% stabalization. I've had f6 plants that were only about 98% stable. These day I like to grow out crosses for at least 6-7 generations

The more time is better ... but depending on the character you want to stabilize up to 5 years I think you can do it .....

for the truth these are my school memories ... i grow chillies by 3 years ... then surely you're right

however this year we'll try, AISPES in collaboration with the Italian research institutions, with micropropagation, to obtain pure diploid organisms

Back