• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

List

Hi All

I am new at the growing chillis. I just wondered is there a list in a book or on a web site that shows all the chilli varieties out there and the strength of the chillis?

Also I have just grown parie fire and have found that it is a ornimental chilli. Can it still be eaten. If so has anyone got any good recipes for them?

Thanks

Russ

thx for the info

POTAWIE thx for the info.

One last thing. the website for the extra info says about pruning for over winter. Can someone confirm the best way to prune for overwintering is to prune the pant so just 1cm of the plan is above soil.

Russ

All that can be said about pruning is as below. It's really hard to kill a chile plant.

First pic of a tepin after pruning. Second pic is the same plant 10 mos later....

tepin1.jpg

sivuli5-1.jpg

willard3 said:
All that can be said about pruning is as below. It's really hard to kill a chile plant.

First pic of a tepin after pruning. Second pic is the same plant 10 mos later....

tepin1.jpg

sivuli5-1.jpg

Very intresting how do you prune?? An instructional step step by step will help alot willard..:onfire:!!

All right then, detailed instructions:

1. Get clippers
2. Cut stuff off
3. Put back in hydro

This was an experiment to see how much stuff could be cut off and have the plant come back....the only thing that stopped me was fear of cutting my fingers with branch loppers if I took more off. It got pretty small........

Back