• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests little bugers

all my red habs sprouted like 16 days ago, none have true leaves yet, and the tallest brat is about 2cm, is this normal, and am I watching these things way too closely?

EDIT: I think why I'm concerned is mostly b/c after the last one broke ground and I removed plastic wrap, they were pretty much all 1-2cm high, and haven't grown not even one little bit in over two weeks! I mean, should I expect SOMETHING in half a month from a little sprout?

just to answer any questions that will probably come up:

Soil is: 6 part miracle grow seed starter soil to 1 part perilite to 1 part vermiculite

fert is: haven't really worried about it too much yet, i've watered them just enough to keep the soil moist, and used minimum recommendations for chemical fert with a low 7-7-7

they are on a heating pad in a window sill getting so-so sunlight, and i found a cheap little fluorescent plant light to supplement the sun

Where's the pix?!?! Dammit, I thought you made little burgers!

They might need more light, they will grow very slowly without enough light.

Other than that, when they get true leaves, they will take off like a rocket.

If it's CFL or other Floresent lighting, bring it in real close, and put reflective material around it... I start my seeds off in a light box, that is a cardboard box lined with foil and a few CFLs above.

RichardK said:
They might need more light, they will grow very slowly without enough light.

NO with no light or low light they will shoot for the sky searching for light, they won't grow extra leaves but they will grow tall and leggy

Davetaylor said:
NO with no light or low light they will shoot for the sky searching for light, they won't grow extra leaves but they will grow tall and leggy

Without any light, they will quickly run out of energy, and stop growing.

More light, faster they grow. It's simple really, light = energy, more energy = more plant growth.

Obviously this has it's limits, sticking your Chili inside a fusion reactor will not make it grow faster, but as long as you are not insane with the amount of light and the heating.

No light or low light will not cause his plants to grow more leaves, bud or branch out faster. This is what he is looking for, not stem growth.

i know you want the true leaves but my point was that they won't grow slow with low light i suppose i should have put more info in my post than i did sorry for the confusion

F-yeah! I got these bad boys in a shoebox with my el-cheapo growlight right on top, and after 3.5 days they all have true leaves sprouting, and the oldest buger has some real nice leaves already.....LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT, I love it

my 7pots and T.Scorpions just sprouted this morning too!

I'm in love

EDIT: I'm making little buRgers tomorrow just for those who are interested...haha

Back