Little green dots in dirt, do I need to replant

Some of my plants have little green dots in the dirt. I am worried because some of them are turning an off yellowish color. I planted them in garden soil that had been outside for a while.  They are mostly this size: http://www.imgur.com/iUXctyw you can see the little dots in the dirt.

I can't see little green dots in the dirt, but I can tell you what most likely the issue is - overwatering. Yellowing is the first sign of overwatering, and over-wet surfaces can also become home to green algae. Back off on the watering - pepper plants tend to like things more humid than wet. Most of us let the leaves wilt just a tad between waterings, as that is the best sign of when it's time to water again.

Also, be sure to get a fan onto the plants. The fan will help dry out the surface. If you let it stay too wet too long, it might also develop the damping-off fungus, which will kill the plants.

geeme said:
I can't see little green dots in the dirt, but I can tell you what most likely the issue is - overwatering. Yellowing is the first sign of overwatering, and over-wet surfaces can also become home to green algae. Back off on the watering - pepper plants tend to like things more humid than wet. Most of us let the leaves wilt just a tad between waterings, as that is the best sign of when it's time to water again.

Also, be sure to get a fan onto the plants. The fan will help dry out the surface. If you let it stay too wet too long, it might also develop the damping-off fungus, which will kill the plants.
Thank you. If I put a fan will it get rid off the damping-off fungus or do I need to repot the plants that have it

I don't see signs of the damping off fungus at this point. But if you see the start of algae, you should consider repotting. It's also best to bottom-water - make sure you have good drainholes in the bottom of the pot, and dip it into water such that you avoid getting the surface of the soil wet. Then let it drain until the water stops coming out of it. Again, don't water again until you see signs the plant is ready for another drink.

Back