vendor Local Harvest farms

I've been a fan of Local Harvest dealings for a while now, for seeds, plants, and produce in general. The idea is connecting you, the consumer, with local farms in your area (though shipping generally goes anywhere). You're not going to find many rarer varieties or superhots for the most part, but there's a good selection for basic needs (if you do, it's usually through other vendors- I think I remember seeing Refining Fire Chiles on there at one point. I'm mostly talking about the farms here).

Last year I bought several items from Lazy Ox Farm: plants including Aji Limon, Fatalii, Bulgarian Carrot, and Cayenne, along with a host of pepper and non-pepper seeds. The seed all grew true with good germination rates, and every plant arrived healthy, though the Aji Limon turned out to be a Limon. I'm kind of forgiving on this last point given how long it took me to realize there was even a difference and the general confusion surrounding the two even within the pepper growing community. I'd definitely buy from them again. Lazy Ox Farm also has a promotion that for every five plants you buy, they'll ship you another (of your choosing) for free.

Hmm... in retrospect I wonder if we should create a separate thread for each farm. Many have their own websites, for example: Lazy Ox Farm

My mom used to be on there selling plants and seeds we stopped because I was very ill and that our plants didnt produce from too much rain during the year and snow in october when the plants all had green pods.

Aw, shucks, I'm blushing. Lazy Ox Farm is my business. Check back next year for some super hots, because I traded seeds with some good folks on this sight and I'm going to have fun this year! If it doesn't kill me to save the seeds, I'll be offering some super hots as plants.
Happy growing, everyone!

Back