• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil Local soil-less mix question

I'm planning on setting up a couple of raised beds to grow a variety of peppers and tomatoes. I found a local company that will deliver a nice-looking soil-less mix for about $70/yd^3 (plus $60 delivery fee). They say it would be suitable for direct use with peppers -- can I get an unbiased opinion on it? Is it a good deal, will it work well? It would certainly be nice to not have to pick a recipe and do the mixing myself (this is my first time).

They describe the mix as: "Gro-Pro is all Organic Soil-less mix made of Peatmoss, Coconut Husk Fiber, Redwood Compost, Perlite, Sand, Chicken Litter and Organic Fertilizers. Each batch is extensively tested and PH balanced to +/- 6.5 ph. We load this mix up so that you will get the plant growth you desire!"

(It's the first link on http://www.evergreensupplyonline.com/soil.html).

Could I also use this mix in 5-gal root pouches? I plan to grow some peppers in the raised beds and some in containers, as an experiment.

you can't really go wrong with a "pro" soiless mix..

some people don't like they use redwood and it does look pretty fine so i hope it doesn't compress a lot, the coconut will help with that. best is to handle it yourself, if it feels good it's probably good.

Back