• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Long list of issues

So I can definitely say I don't have a green thumb and I've had a lot of issues with my chili plants. I have some questions about my plants that I couldn't really find answers about.

I have 5 plants indoors ( I had 6 plants before it got cold and had to let 1 outside to die) it's definitely not a glamorous setup but has worked for most of my plants. I have 1 Habanero plant that I'm halfway overwintering, 2 Pink Tiger X Bhut Jolokia plants, and 2 Ghostly Jalapeño plants.

My PTXBJ and Ghostly Jalapeños are growing under the same grow light and conditions. I water all of them at the same time and treat them both the same way, but it hasn't stopped the GJ from having issues. My Ghostly Jalepeños have been and continue to be the focus of my struggles with growing. Below is all the issues I've had in chronological order for more context. My PTXBJ germinated way later and were considerably smaller than my GJ but now they've surpassed my GJ in size.

1) Nitrogen deficiency
I had a period where poor pot drainage and nitrogen deficiency was making the leaves of my plant to turn yellow. I fixed it and as it grew the problem went away.

2) ???

Even though I cut most of my habanero's branches before bringing it inside I managed to bring a whitefly inside by accident. I caught it early on and over a period of time I eradicated the nymphs and any trace of whiteflies. The actual problem is that my plant's newer growth was getting a wrinkled surface that were slightly curved while the previous leaves had a normal smooth although still yellowish surface. I don't know why this happened, was it whiteflies? Was it related to the "Edema" that eventually appeared IDK. I also noticed that new leaves started growing differently than my PTXBJ. New leaves grew thin and then slowly, if ever, straightened out while my PTXBJ grew small normal looking leaves then growing.

3) Edema?

Like I mentioned earlier, my plants developed something that looks like the worst Edema I've seen. I was watering my plants twice a week so I lowered my watering and I added a fan. I didn't add a fan earlier because I was testing to see if I even needed one, I don't have a grow tent so I thought it might not be necessary. Also humidity wasn't the problem, it was actually quite low around 20-30%. The "Edema" looked more like bubbles of water rather than crystals.

I want to reiterate that the other plants were growing on the same schedule and with the same soil but had negligible Edema. I know I'm not supposed to cut off leaves affected by Edema but it was so bad that the leaves were dying either way. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen something like it.

4) Thin growth
One of my plants was growing okay until it got to a point where the new leaves started growing thin and those that actually grew were curled. I had something similar happen to my Habanero plant but they did eventually grow into normal looking leaves. The difference was that most of the leaves didn't grow and if they did, they were curled. I tried changing the soil because it was the only one I didn't use a potting mix for but I somehow damaged the roots by accident and I think I probably killed it lol. I had to try something because the older leaves were dying off and the new leaves were not growing.

5) Curled leaves
On my other plant, after cutting off all the leaves with "Edema", new shoots grew. They looked completely different. They were noticeably thinner, the branches were lighter green, and had a smooth texture no longer wrinkled and dry looking and no Edema! But now they are all curled and brown marks are appearing. Also some leaves are breaking where the curling is happening.

Not going to lie I've been getting pretty frustrated, I thought I was going to be able to ignore my plants and just get pods, but instead I've gotten headaches and nothing to show for it.

Attachments

• Problem 2.jpg
    Problem 2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 177
  • PTxBJ.jpg
    PTxBJ.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Problem 3.jpg
    Problem 3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Problem 4.jpg
    Problem 4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Problem 5_2.jpg
    Problem 5_2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Problem 5_1.jpg
    Problem 5_1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 145
I don't have much to offer, unfortunately, but a general suggestion: what's your airflow like? I keep a fan going on my indoor plants. If any of that is due to fungus the airflow can help, and it also helps to strengthen the stems.

Shot in the dark, I know.

I don't have much to offer, unfortunately, but a general suggestion: what's your airflow like? I keep a fan going on my indoor plants. If any of that is due to fungus the airflow can help, and it also helps to strengthen the stems.

Shot in the dark, I know.
I'm pretty sure I need a different fan. What should I be looking for?

Back