Long roots and Solo cups??

Tonight I decided to start transplanting from my aerogarden seed starting tray into solo cups but was a bit surprised at how long these roots have become in just 3 weeks!   I potted one of the larger plants and had to wrap the root system around the inner sides of the cup to sort of spread them out.   This may be perfectly normal but I've never started seeds in an aerogarden so I haven't a clue.   What do you all suggest I should do???  Thanks

thRYipXl.jpg

Sure wouldn't plant them into a solo cup.  If still too cold to kick them out of the house I would go straight to a 1 gallon pot and water with the same nute's but just enough to keep the soil damp.

lol that aerogarden is the first time i've tried any sort of hydroponics.  I was shocked at how long the roots were when I lifted up the platter!  Potted up 8 of the largest plants in solo cups tonight and the roots are already wrapping around the bottom.    

I'm in zone 5a, -4 deg right now and 2 feet of snow on the ground.  I have a good 3 months before I can toss them outdoors so I may need to look into how to slow them down!  50 sprouts up and started another 50 last night.  Thought I had it all figured out...4 bulb T5 but I'm going to need a lot more space and light to keep up with these for the next 3 months lol   :shocked:

Back