Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hello all, I've spent a lot of time here on THP gleaning a ton of info from everyone. So, I have several questions to eventually ask, so I figured that I should go ahead and sign up.

A bit about me - from a pepper standpoint. In the past, I have failed miserably at growing peppers. I mean, I suck at it, mostly due to lack of attention. But, recently life, work, and dwelling conditions have changed, and my gardening skills have vastly improved. I freaking rock some amazing garlic. But, I also live in Oregon - moist cool springs- soil temps around 60 coming into June, dry and windy summers, frost comes on in early October. Did I mention wind? Yes, not the best place for peppers, but I will succeed-eventually.
Now, two things have come into play simultaneously. I have recently gotten into fermenting. I've made some pretty solid hot sauces. 5 different batches going right now. Also, a buddy is traveling south america, Peru happens to be one of the locations. A package of 9 varieties of seeds showed up at my door. Now, I have a story to go along with my sauces - and not that I went to the Kroger and bought a lb (or kilo, for those of you who need a simplistic, rational, non-arbitrary unit of measure (but I digress)) of peppers.

I have the space, I have the time and resources, I have the seeds. I just need a little brainpower to help me along at times. Thanks in advance.

K9JrqKx.gif

Back