Long time lurker, just now posting

Hi, I'm a long-time lurker here. This is the site that taught me to make fermented hot sauces, and now I've been making them for a few years. Finally decided to post so that I can gain full access to the site, and hopefully buy some fresh super-hots since I don't know where to get them in my area. Thanks!

Welcome! The only place I know of you may be able to buy locally (at least here in north Alabama) would probably be to put out feelers on a local social group, or maybe a local farmers market.

:welcome:

:welcome:
From The Pacific NorthWest!

Welcome! The only place I know of you may be able to buy locally (at least here in north Alabama) would probably be to put out feelers on a local social group, or maybe a local farmers market.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe like NextDoor or something. I've never seen hot peppers at the farmers markets but that's probably a good place to ask around (in Maryland, just outside of DC). So far, I've found the Asian supermarkets to have the most variety of peppers, but never super-hots.

Welcome! You may find its best to just grow your own, assuming you have time.
I've definitely considered it, but now the season is pretty much over. I eventually want to try my hand at an indoor grow, maybe hydroponics with the Kratky method. But between other hobbies and school, haven't found the time yet. Hopefully soon!

Last edited:
Back