• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Look what I got......

The complete range of stillmanz's sauces......Including the limited edition 'the greatest shave' sauce and the 'Irukandji sting'

STA601032.jpg

This is what the sauces were individually rapped in so I don't think I had to worry about breakage....:lol:

STA601062.jpg

I have tasted the mango & paw paw sauce and the jerk sauce before and the new ones seem a little different to the ones I had (may be that my first batch were getting old).

I absolutely loved the 7 pot Irukandji sting. It gives you a nice all round flavour then hits you hard with the burn, and yes, it would be described as more of a 'sting' :)

I also really enjoyed all the other sauces, and the mango and paw paw is going to be my regular sauce at work....

Thanks Mick for getting them to me and for shipping them so good, and most of all for making some of the best sauces in the world....

moy boy there can be a slight flavour variance particuliarly in Mango paw paw, it comes down to the seasonality of the paw paw particuliarly.
also variable heat in the fresh pods. this batch of mango paw paw was I thought, very mild but very tasty as the paw paw we got our hands on was very ripe and full of flavour.

bentalphanerd said:
I have to ask....Where does this leave your prized Byron Bay sauce collection :lol:

The window, the window, the second story window, with a heave and a ho and a great big throw we threw them out the window!

Those sauces look real good Stillz, weel done mate. Let us all know what you think about all them MoyBoy.

stillmanz said:
moy boy there can be a slight flavour variance particuliarly in Mango paw paw, it comes down to the seasonality of the paw paw particuliarly.
also variable heat in the fresh pods. this batch of mango paw paw was I thought, very mild but very tasty as the paw paw we got our hands on was very ripe and full of flavour.

Agreed - when you use fresh produce each batch will differ slightly due to weather/time of season etc that the produce was grown in.

Seasonal variations are proof you're getting fresh product.

bentalphanerd said:
I have to ask....Where does this leave your prized Byron Bay sauce collection :lol:

I'm sending them all to you along with a note that says:

"F#@K YOU"

:lol:

Mick, the flavour wasn't bad, just slightly different......I am still so very impressed with how they all taste...

I used the chicken I made last night (Thread in the hot talk forum) on a sandwich for lunch and covered it in the greatest shave sauce.......It was ssssoooooo good.....

yep that shave sauce is a cracker, a very good lousiana style table sauce.
weve sold 61 bottle so far and a few over seas so thats pretty cool.

Hey Moyboy have you opened the jalapeno sauce yet?
Hows that compare to some of the other commercial ones you've tried. just curious?
We are hopefully getting this one in a few pubs and steak houses around the place. it seems really populiar, the chiliheads always seem to bypass it for the habanero based sauces but.

Mick, I have opened the jalapeno sauce and I really love it....

It goes really well with lamb cutlets, crumbed or plain....

I love the smokey hint it has to it...

Not much heat to speak of but that goes with the name, and it's not always about heat...

It gets a big tick from me....and my better half loves it as well...

Back