• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Lookin for growing advice on some new peppers

Ok so like the title says im trying to grow some new peppers this year. Previously I have grown only habanero and jalapeno plants the past 2 years but still consider myself a newb. This yea I went from 2 different kinds to about 15. I have reg hab Caribbean red hab, super chilli, hungarian wax, red & green bells, banana, jalapeno, lemon, and 3 more. The new additions this year that I have concers with are the carolina reaper, sunrise scorpion & my favorite the hybrid ghost scorpion. Im just curious any certain soil temp, nutes they like, amount of water I should give them or any others I forgot that I should know in order to keep my plants as healthy as I can. Thanks in advance for any help! Currently the superhots are all in 1.5gal pots with 1/3 fox farm potting soil 1/3 perlite and 1/3 sand wormcasting mix.i have a 2 bulb setup in my garage they are under until around 8 or 9 am when I get up and put them in the sun all day then back into the garage at sunset. I keep my 400watt light on them until 10pm and on at 6am, the weather is crap where I live in Illinois and is in the low 50s at night so I entend on continuing this until its warm enough to stay overnight outsite. Also I entend to utilize the light on days there wont be any sun out.. like I said idk much about growing peppers but trying to learn.... Also I have under the roots xtreme gardening multipurpose 12-10-10 feeder pack they yellowed around the leaves at 1st but all new growth is looking good. Just went off of what was listed on the invoice when I received my plants from superhotchiles.com I follew his instructions to a t just curious if anyone growing any of these might have a little better advice. Tried listing everything I could think of that I could or couldnt be doing wrong haha

Well im trying to do all outdoor but the 1st night I tried leaving them outside in the pots my reaper looked wilted in the morning so I started using my current method to prevent killing them until it warms up here.. but I Also will be ordering 10 more strains of superhots and a couple exotic sweets later today and will have the plants by next week. So hopefully by the time they get transplanted it will be warm enough to put them all in the ground. Also ill post some pics of what ive got so far.
20130606_140922_zps350283c0.jpg

20130606_140900_zps7a7c11e0.jpg

20130606_140852_zpsea9e3040.jpg

And the others ill be ordering are: yellow trinidad 7 pot primo. 7 pot brain strain. Chocolate trinidad scorpion. 7 pot congo gigantic. Malaysian goronong. Black naga. Jay's peach ghost scorpion. Trinidad perfume. Ecuadorian devil's breath. Cheiro roxa. Noga morich. Butch t / 7 pot jonah hybrid. All coming from the same website I ordered the previous 3 from

Back