• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pubescens Looking for a goodly sized, prolific red rocoto / pubescens variety to search out.

Heyo pepper peeps!

Been away from the forums a few years, and away from growing almost entirely sadly. But I have a yard again! And some time.

Anyway, as the topic states Id like to find a nice fat red rocoto var--- to munch fresh and stuff goodness into and bake. I had a few old (2013) seeds that failed, unknown var but they were nice and big and plenty warm.

I know its getting late but plan is to overwinter anyway so Im eager to find a keeper.

Thanks in advance!

Feels good to be posting here again. Been craving the heat and the grow for a long time but life frustrations kept me away.

Just looking for some guidance.

Manzano Rojo can grow to massive proportions. I once saw a photo of one that was "10 feet wide and 30 feet long".

Manzano.red.plant.JPG

Thank you both for the speedy reply!

Bhuter said:
Here's what you want. Rocoto AREQUIPA GIANT Chili Pepper
https://croatianseeds-store.com/index.php/croatian-seeds-store/1777/33/hot-chilli-peppers/rocoto-arequipa-giant-chili-pepper-detail

I'll look through my seeds and see if this one resides in there. Lol

That's it right there! Awesome. Thanks for the link to the site, I am going to make an order, always good to be supporting small businesses, especially in hard times. May take some time to ship but that is ok.

Side note: Croatia is on our must see list, and one of the awesome countries my wife sells travel to. Well, used to and will again soon. Cannot wait.

Back