wanted Looking for Brains

Hey Y'all.
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with either of these!
I'd prefer to pay as I don't have a large quantity of that on my grow list (unless we're talking; ball chilli, or white bhut).

• 7pot - Brain Strain
• Infinity

Thanks all,
Rael. :dance:

Hello Rael I assume you are looking for seed then? I am packaging up a bunch of Brain Strain 7 Pod seed in the next few days please PM for more info. ;)

There is 2 stories going around about the infinity chile. The first story is that it is just a regular scorpion given a fancy new name. The second story from Woody himself, says that it is a cross which would mean that it will not grow true and will not be like the infinity anymore with every plant showing very different characteristics

Thanks all :surprised:

There is 2 stories going around about the infinity chile. The first story is that it is just a regular scorpion given a fancy new name. The second story from Woody himself, says that it is a cross which would mean that it will not grow true and will not be like the infinity anymore with every plant showing very different characteristics

Any word as to what it was a hybrid of?

I think its one of those stories that because one particular scorpion pepper looked different it was assumed that it was a cross but the father is an unknown. I heard it was thought to be a scorpion X 7 pod cross but without DNA testing it would be near impossible to know for sure. If it does grow stable then its not a cross, just a regular scorpion as some suggest, or a mutant version

So a 7 pod morphed into an even more deadly pepper? I thought the heat had genes/growing conditions as primary factors?

I thought the Infinity was a Jonah, or is it? for some reason that's what I had in mind. Jonahs are some excellent chiles!

"Potawie- As far as we are aware the Infinity is a 7-Pod/ scorpian cross. It is like nothing else we have ever grown and has characteristics of both these chillies"
gonzozo

http://firefoods.phpbbhosts.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2397&hilit=infinity+guinness

Looks like a scorpion to me
infinty%20pic%202.jpg

http://firefoods.phpbbhosts.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2582&hilit=infinity

Actually it's not really a definitive answer, but ok. :P
Obviously I don't have a definitive answer. As I said before, I don't even think it is a cross, there would be way too much variation which I have not seen. Others who have grown it insist it is just a scorpion

Woody is a good guy and I don't believe he was/is out to scam anyone like some other sellers, I just don't think he even knows what he has. All we know was that it came from a scorpion plant(I believe) and is not as hot as a scorpion according to available tests results
You basically need a new name for new varieties and variants to keep track of them but I always have a problem with fancy hyped up names without parental info and no mention if they grow true or are hybrid/crosses, which is why I would never buy these seeds personally.

I have a few Infinities growing and there are 2 pod shapes sometimes even on the same plant.

If it was my call I would say one is a 7 pod like shape and the other a scorpion kinda shape.

Now judge for your self:

Infinity7podshaped3.jpg

InfinityTscorpshaped3.jpg

These pods hang on the same plant.

I'm not sure if it is at all possible but maybe I can try to select one shape and take some seeds of a pod that resembles the shape I want and stablize it in a couple of years. How does this work.

Stablize by selecting the desired shape year after year?

I'm not sure if it is at all possible but maybe I can try to select one shape and take some seeds of a pod that resembles the shape I want and stablize it in a couple of years. How does this work.

Stablize by selecting the desired shape year after year?
Something like that...

Hello Rael I assume you are looking for seed then? I am packaging up a bunch of Brain Strain 7 Pod seed in the next few days please PM for more info. ;)
We're all waiting down here, it's spring in a month after all. :)
Please PM me when the 7 pot brain strain seeds are available for postage to Australia.

Back