wanted Looking for C. flexuosum

I'm looking for the wild species Capsicum flexuosum. I've been wanting to use it in crosses for several years but have not been able to find viable seeds. Last year I ordered two accessions from the USDA's germplasm collection and they sent empty non-viable seeds. I'm hoping you guys can introduce me to this cool plant.

I have a few curiosities to trade (see below) and I will happily send a SASBE. I can also paypal/venmo at my discretion.

Peppers for trade:
  • 2 accessions of wild C. pubescens from the high-altitudes of Ecuador. The fruit are mild and juicy, about 1 to 1.5" long. Purple flowers and black seeds.
  • C. baccatum 'Bishops Crown'
  • Aji Charapita
  • Aji Dulce
  • Aji Limon
  • El Jefe F1
  • Jalafuego F1
  • Black Pearl (2 seeds available)
  • Zavory Habenero (mild flavor)
  • Trinidad Perfume
  • Yellow Brazillian Starfish F5
  • 'Habanada' (i think it carries a capsaicin knockout gene)
  • 'Numex Suave Orange'
  • 'Violet Sparkle'
  • A ton of C. chinense and C. annuum material that tends to be mild, no super-hots here. 
I also have things that aren't peppers:
  • Tomatoes! including 'Douchoua Pepper' which has almost no gel, it's a tomato that wants to be a bell pepper. I also have 'Lucid Gem' and 'Tappy's Heritage Tomato' which have been excellent in my very hot and humid climate.
  • Groundcherries! 'Aunt Molly' and a few random varieties
  • Strawberries! I went through a phase and now have 12 varieties of seed-propagated strawberries. I don't have tons of seed, but can share 5-10 of a couple to get you going.
  • Flowers for Pollinators! SE-US only I guess - Florida coreopsis, blanket flower, and milkweed.

I have never ordered from him, but I would have if Corona wouldn't have closed the borders: Welsh Dragon Chili.

He is active in a FB group that I frequent. In absolute numbers, £7 is hardly a bargain, but if you are desperate...

ahayastani said:
I have never ordered from him, but I would have if Corona wouldn't have closed the borders: Welsh Dragon Chili.

He is active in a FB group that I frequent. In absolute numbers, £7 is hardly a bargain, but if you are desperate...

Thank you! I just learned about his store (it doesn't turn up on google) and made a purchase. If anyone has seeds from other sources I'm still looking for more diversity.

RespectTheTree said:

Thank you! I just learned about his store (it doesn't turn up on google) and made a purchase. If anyone has seeds from other sources I'm still looking for more diversity.

Tell us later how it went, and how C. flexuosum delivers in the Floridan climate ;)

Back