wanted Looking for chilaca seeds other than pasilla bajio

I've grown some chilacas in the past that seemed hotter, more flavorful and more productive than the usual pasilla bajio type. I was hoping to compare a few different varieties but these days it seems the pasilla bajio is about the only ones you can easily find without a trip to Mexico.

So does anybody have a different chilaca/passila variety to share or a source?

Hi Potawie!

How about the Chilhuacle? Not much heat but very tasty IMO.

I have got a few seeds from both Chilhuacle Negro and C.... Rojo, if you are interested?

Thanks for the offer JSNI, but I'm really just after the thinner chilaca/pasilla types right now.
I am however interested in CHILHUACLE AMARILLO if anybody has a source for these
Anybody hear of the padilla pasilla? I see the name around but never pics or seed sources

Potawie, I need all the requests at one time. lol. :)

Chris

P1070166.jpg

I don't actually have room for them this year Chris, but I may bug you for some next year :) Did you like the Chilhuacle Amarillo?

I've grown some chilacas in the past that seemed hotter, more flavorful and more productive than the usual pasilla bajio type. I was hoping to compare a few different varieties but these days it seems the pasilla bajio is about the only ones you can easily find without a trip to Mexico.

So does anybody have a different chilaca/passila variety to share or a source?

Sounds like it's time for a trip to Mexico!! Good time of year for you, too!

Not sure if they fit, but as mentioned, peppermania.com definitely has a few Oaxacan varietals.

It's not Mexico, it's Stafford. But it's only a few hours north. :D

HEY PATOWIE

have you ever tried HOLY MOLE!!they are hotter than Pasilla Baji and seem to be very prolific,good flavor too

i have the seeds on my list if your intersted

thanks joe

Ya I've been considering the Holy mole although ideally I'd prefer a non-hybrid. I think I'll order some with my tomatogrowers order and try them out

Back