co-packer Looking for co-packer

Can anyone recommend a co-packer, preferably in the southern California area, that will help us manufacture a peanut sauce? Seems like most don't want to deal with peanuts because it's an allergen.

Dawes Hill Honey
Lisa Blatz, Director of Sales and Marketing
PO Box 429
Nunda, NY 14517-0429
Phone: (800) 804-8520
Fax: (585) 468-5995
E-mail: info@onceagainnutbutter.com
www.onceagainnutbutter.com
25 years experience as natural organic processor/co-packer. 1st in U.S. with organic peanut butter, organic honey. Worker owned cooperative.
Products/Services: Process peanut, almond, cashew, hazelnut, tahini, and other nut butters by request. Also custom process nuts, sell bulk nuts, honey.
Certification: OTCO
Founded: 1979
Export Regions: Central & South America NE Asia & China North America SE Asia & India Western Europe
Export Type: Experienced Exporter
CEO Name: Jeremy Thayler
Organic Sales: $10 million up to $50 million
Number Of Employees: 26

I wonder how good a sauce like would taste..what kind of peppers would you use?
jbjcooltext000001.gif

As I stated on another thread, many co-packers are shying away with ANY peanut product, as to do so they would have to force the rest of the people they bottle for to change their labels stating their stuff is bottled in a place that processes peanuts. Pretty much a detrimental thing to have to put on your label.

Darn those peanut allergic people and their exploding population. :hell: It's funny that the percentage of people allergic to various things is increasing rapidly due to raising kids in "too clean" conditions. Their immune system doesn't learn to "see" normal things as non-hazardous early on, so when they encounter them later, they launch the biological equivalent of nuclear war on them.

Good luck finding a co-pack Sawees, I love a good peanut sauce.

dreamtheatervt said:
It's funny that the percentage of people allergic to various things is increasing rapidly due to raising kids in "too clean" conditions. Their immune system doesn't learn to "see" normal things as non-hazardous early on, so when they encounter them later, they launch the biological equivalent of nuclear war on them.

Well said, man. Cripes, for our wing-eating competitions, we have to pack both latex and vinyl gloves. Pretty sad.

Back