wanted Looking for dwarf tomato varieties

I am in search of Red Robin and Minibel tomato seeds, or similar super short varieties that are good for both indoor and outdoor. Does anyone have any extra they might be willing to share for cost of shipping (by my estimate that is about $1.15 USD mailed in a business envelope with a little padding), or perhaps trade for pepper seeds?

Thanks!

I have a few seeds each of both Tiny Tim, and Micro Tom.  I am growing them out now and will hopefully have tomatoes soon.  If you would like these I would be more than happy to share. I would also like to grow the two you have mentioned plus lime green salad tomato, which I have heard is a very small plant but also tasty.  

I don't know if he ships overseas, but Heritage Tomato Seeds has a huge number of the new Dwarf Project tomato seeds on offer. Good reading regardless.

See also: http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Category:Tomato_Dwarf_Project

The ones I've grown from the project are indeterminate (but stay fairly small) as compared to the traditional commercial dwarf varieties which seem to be determinate. Or the micros which as far as I know are all determinate.

If you're interested in the micros, there's a similar but smaller scale breeding project on Tomatoville of people breeding "better" micros. Some interesting things coming out of that one!

Heritage Tomato Seeds are quite reasonable, and a pleasure to deal with. I have grown a number of the dwarf varieties and have seeds. I haven't gotten into my  reserves of tomato seeds as yet. I won't be sowing them till the end of march. How soon do you need seeds? Why don't you p.m. me, I'm happy to send you seeds if you can wait a bit. I can also maybe help you decide which ones you would like to try, they are all quite different, some are pretty acidic, some complex, some sweet, determinate or indeterminate might be a factor for you. Potato leaf or reg. leaf? Some are much taller than others, are you growing them in containers? P.M. me maybe I can help.

reader said:
I don't know if he ships overseas, but Heritage Tomato Seeds has a huge number of the new Dwarf Project tomato seeds on offer. Good reading regardless.

See also: http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Category:Tomato_Dwarf_Project

The ones I've grown from the project are indeterminate (but stay fairly small) as compared to the traditional commercial dwarf varieties which seem to be determinate. Or the micros which as far as I know are all determinate.

If you're interested in the micros, there's a similar but smaller scale breeding project on Tomatoville of people breeding "better" micros. Some interesting things coming out of that one!

Thanks! I'll check the sites out. I have been holding off on making an account on Tomatoville, simply b/c it's hard to manage all these different forum accounts haha. Though I might actually have to do that soon. It looks like Heritage does ship overseas, but I'll have to get in touch with them about shipping method.
fiogga said:
Heritage Tomato Seeds are quite reasonable, and a pleasure to deal with. I have grown a number of the dwarf varieties and have seeds. I haven't gotten into my  reserves of tomato seeds as yet. I won't be sowing them till the end of march. How soon do you need seeds? Why don't you p.m. me, I'm happy to send you seeds if you can wait a bit. I can also maybe help you decide which ones you would like to try, they are all quite different, some are pretty acidic, some complex, some sweet, determinate or indeterminate might be a factor for you. Potato leaf or reg. leaf? Some are much taller than others, are you growing them in containers? P.M. me maybe I can help.

Thanks for the offer! I looked up Heritage and it looks like they do ship overseas so I'll get in touch with them first. Will send you a PM soon regarding variety recommendations though!

Rosella Purple and Tasmanian Chocolate are some of my favs, plenty to choose from, Heritage is top notch and you will get extras. I'm sure I can hep you select, the dwarfs are great tomatoes.

Back