wanted Looking for Paprika seeds for next year

Each year I try something new in my pepper garden. Next year I want to grow some Paprika varieties. I did a search about Paprika and drew up the following list of varieties:

Alma Paprika
Hungarian Red Paprika
Karpia Paprika
Szegedi
Kalocsai
Kurtovska Kapija
Cyklon
Leutschauer Paprika
Boldog Paprika
Csecsei (Cecei) Paprika
Dulce Rojo Paprika
Feher Ozon Paprika
Pritamin Paprika
Soroski Paprika
Sorok Sari
Alma Paprika
Szentesi Cserasznye Paprika
Papri
Sibirischer Hauspaprika

So, to anyone who is growing any of these this year, please consider saving seeds and making them available. Thanks!
Tom

As you can (probably) see, almost all of them are Hungarian names, and this because this is the name for peppers. Just like smokemaster searched for "ardei" - and this is the Romanian word used for peppers, no matter hot, bell, sweet, etc. And the funny stuff is, the Alma Paprika can be translated as chile manzano - or apple pepper.
So, Hungarian Red Paprika can be any red pepper growing in Hungary.
Some of them really exists, like the Alma Paprika, Feher Ozon, etc.
Kurtovska Kapija is a variety originating from Macedonia. Kapija is a name for a variety of peppers, red when ripe, elongated. Here a link to see it.
I think some of them I can find here too, will let you know, but later, when the seeds come on the market.

Edit:  when I say some of them really exists, I want to say the names are really names of specific peppers, not just a generic name like Hungarian red pepper.

You are welcome.
Well, no idea which one is better for powder. I know the kapija kind is used mainly for preparing "zacusca" in Romania, or "ajvar" and "pindjur" in Serbia (not only for this, and not only in these countries, I speak about these because more known to me - however the Balcans are a strange mix, you can find same food under different name in many countries, because during the time one or another conquered different territories, or the Ottoman empire conquered some states, and all these results in a mix and a variation of somehow common foods).
For sure Alma Paprika is not. The peppers used are elongated type, not round type.
And now I see the Sibirischer Hauspaprika, this is German, and translated means Siberian Home Pepper.
Will do some researches, ok?
However maybe other THP members can help more, there are some members from Hungary too, they should know better.

Some things to look at r.e. Paprika types...

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-hot-sweet-68134
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/05/spice-hunting-a-guide-to-paprika.html
http://www.artofeating.com/tt/paprika.htm

This year I grew Szegedi-type Paprikas, Almapaprikas, Pritamins and Hot Wax peppers, but I also grow Chimayo's from New Mexico, Korean Gochus and Poblanos (for making Ancho powder). All of these make tasty and aromatic powders with a little fire to them.

I use Almapaprika and Hot Wax for pickling and fresh use. Pritamins and Kapias are intensely sweet and flavorful peppers that I use fresh or roasted. DocNrock did a good thread on making Ajvar, which is an incredibly good condiment that can be made with either variety, or with sweet red bell peppers... we even use it instead of tomato sauce on our homemade pizza.  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36298-ajvar/#entry742986

Hope this helps

Sorry that I don't have any seeds . . . but., recommend the  Sibirischer Paprika.  I grew this one a couple of years ago - the hottest Paprika that I've ever grown.  Not sure of your situation, but this one can be grown in containers.  Good luck.

Oh, I was thinking you speak about that powder, the one named Pimenton in Spanish, or I see it as Paprika in English (see wikipedia), Boia in Romanina, or fűszerpaprika-őrlemény in Hungarian, a specific powder.

The Ajvar of course is not mabe according to a unique recipe, there are many variations, the main ingredient is the pepper from Kapija "family", and can add or not eggplant, tomato, etc. Usually the peppers and eggplants are put first on a metal plate, over a fire. You peel them after that. I saw also some people just chopping the peppers, peel and cut the eggplant in smal cubes, blend all, put some other ingredients, and cook. For sure the nice smell of roasting them will miss...... But is more easy, because usually the Ajvar is made from kilos of peppers, and is a lot of work to roast them, to roast the eggplants, to peel them, and later to boil them for few hours. Buth what I can say if, all the effort worths...

Got so far Szegedi 80 seeds, this is special pepper for paprika powder. Tried to get Kurtovska Kapija from  a Serbian Agriculture Institute, but they had problems with the flood this summer and no seeds ATM, they could release some later.
I think Alma and Feher Ozon could be find in stores later, will check.
Not sure about the others.
Will update when have news.

I have Hungarian Red Pap.  Isolated.  Few left, but I'm happy to mail them to ya free kentishman if you want.  Love to find a few Szegedi or Feher Ozon for next year's grow - lots of seeds to trade w THPeeps.

EDIT: The Hun Pap has been a small (for me) bush type plant, 2-2 1/2' high max the last two years, as wide as it is tall.  Peppers are initially upright and will start to droop quickly as the cluster's weight bends the bearing stem.  I try and pull them a bit early if I want paprika, as they will dry to almost hollow if left on the plant too long and you get more powder pulling the 'just ripe' pods before the walls thin out.  Nice thing is that if you forget them they usually don't rot or fall but instead dry themselves on the vine and as such can be harvested at leisure.  Note that fully dried or more 'mature' peppers are hotter.

Back