• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Looking for recipe recommendations for Smoked Scorpion Peppers

Hey folks,

One of my co-workers offered to smoke some of my peppers for me, so I gave him a quart bag of green Scorpion peppers, pictured below if what I got back. Crispy but they smell amazing. I'm looking for some recipe recommendations for what to do with them. The more specific the better.

Also looking for hot sauce making advice in general. I've made several batches, experimenting a little each time but honestly none of them so far can hold a candle to most of the commercial sauces you buy at the grocery. It always tastes like something is off or missing. I know this place is a wealth of information so I'm going to keep reading and trying different things but if you have any basic newbie advice I'd like to hear it.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 103
MasonJar said:
Also looking for hot sauce making advice in general. I've made several batches, experimenting a little each time but honestly none of them so far can hold a candle to most of the commercial sauces you buy at the grocery
Try skimming through the thread titles in the Hot Sauce Making subforum here. I'm sure you'll find whatever you're looking for:

http://thehotpepper.com/forum/91-hot-sauce-making/

^ There's gold in them thar pages! ;)

Not sure what you mean by recipe needed. Be more specific. You can literally do anything with them so................

Back