• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for some new sauces to try

My local foreign food store only carries several varieties of Blair's death series, Marie Sharp, and Amazon (parrot logo).

Can anyone recommend me two must try sauces to order from abroad?

Looking for one with mild to medium heat that non-chileheads can handle and one that has good heat but doesn't over power the flavors. Preferably ones that aren't too heavy on the vinegar and preserves natural pepper flavors (if any such sauce exists).

I like Cappy's Brain Strain sauces both the yellow and red and also Puckerbutt's Reaper Puree but it all depends on how hot u wanna go bcuz i also know alot of not so superhot sauces oh yea and i must add Count Douglah is REALLY good also!!

Thanks!

Do you have a rec for a not so hot sauce? Looking for one my wife can enjoy as well. Her max for fresh chiles is Jalapeños.

Here's another recent discussion that has some great tips and suggestions for lower heat range sauces. 

I wouldn't categorize Cappy's and Puckerbutt's puree as "mild to medium".  They're definitely in the HOT range.

Also, as I see you're in Japan, I'd suggest contacting iBurn.  They are an independent hot sauce store and website.  Look at their website using the heat levels to find a bunch of mild-medium sauces.  I'm not sure how they do all their shipping, but I know that 3 of the typical hot sauce size bottles (5 oz/148ml) can fit into a small flat rate box and ships international for about $19.  If you order any single bottles from the sauce companies, you'll probably be paying $12 shipping plus $7 for the sauce.   

There are MANY great mild-medium sauces out there.  Look for ones that fit the flavor profile you like.

Happy Shopping!
SL

Here's their Mild listings.  Be aware of bottle sizes if you want to do the Small Flat Rate Box.  You may have to contact the directly to get that all coordinated.  Otherwise their website might automatically price it as shipping international with UPS or FedEx for $$$.

http://www.iburn.com/Mild-Product-s/1825.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=1825&show=10&page=1

Back