wanted Looking for St Lucia seasoning pepper seeds

I am looking for St Lucia Seasoning pepper seeds. I am most interested in the yellow variety.

I see these available from several international vendors, but I do not see anyone currently selling them in the US. I am hesitant to order international since I read here that it is no longer allowed.

this one ?

That vendor has numerous bad reviews and seems to use images from other websites. Many of the reviews question if they are a scam or just highly incompetent.

Note that the chileplants.com St Lucia Seasoning photograph has been cropped and is now used on carribeangarden. Identical photo with same font and everything.

It makes no sense to me. If they are actually growing these plants to sell the seeds, it would be easier to snap your own photographs rather than stealing photographs from others.

I am not 100% sure, but I think this is probably the same seller which was discussed in a previous thread. The Etsy and Ebay links from that thread no longer work, so maybe they were kicked off of those websites.

That vendor has numerous bad reviews and seems to use images from other websites. Many of the reviews question if they are a scam or just highly incompetent.

Note that the chileplants.com St Lucia Seasoning photograph has been cropped and is now used on carribeangarden. Identical photo with same font and everything.

It makes no sense to me. If they are actually growing these plants to sell the seeds, it would be easier to snap your own photographs rather than stealing photographs from others.

I am not 100% sure, but I think this is probably the same seller which was discussed in a previous thread. The Etsy and Ebay links from that thread no longer work, so maybe they were kicked off of those websites.

My bad, just googled and it was one of the first that popped up.
I too had my doubts, but could be wrong

I've tried St. Lucia Seasoning Pepper seed from three different vendors.

The seeds I bought from Reimer never germinated.

The seeds I bought from Caribbean Gardens didn't work out either.

The St. Lucia Seasoning Peppers I bought from Atlantic Peppers (a Canadian seed vendor) seemed to grow true. It delivered a yellow heatless Chinense pepper that looked roughly like the pictures I'd seen of St. Lucia Seasoning Peppers. It had a distinctive Chinense flavor that wasn't too over-powering.

Truth-be-told, it was kind-of a boring pepper. I've successfully grown a few Chinense seasoning peppers, and even when I'm successful growing them, I can never find much use for them.

Another problem with the St. Lucia Seasoning peppers is that I'm not sure there is a definitive example of this variety. It's a kind-of obscure pepper. I can confirm my seeds produced a yellow, heatless chinense seasoning pepper, but I don't really have any idea if it's a true example.

So, anyways, I've had at least one successful experience with Atlantic.

I still have some of their seeds left over. I'd be fine with parting with them, but they're about 2-3 years old now.

I have a few seeds I saved from that plant, but I didn't isolate, and I don't have any confidence in the stablility of this variety. :)

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Back