• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Looks like a good deal on a COB light

Menards has them on sale for $14.99.
5000 lumen rating
5000K temp
Draws 50 watts (claimed)
TxGUySz.jpg

BiWMWgi.jpg

Ct17N90.jpg

dAll1gL.jpg

shoots light all around, kinda meh. one of the great things about led is that they project in one direction at like 120 degree angle so the light goes to the plant, no reflector necessary. 

seems like it would be good for lighting a larger room though.

You can get 5000 lumens all pointed downward for 20 bucks in a Wal-Mart shop light. And I'm pretty sure that isnt a COB. COB are those higher wattage chips that you have to use heat sinks on right?

They sell a Mylar covered insulation too. Easy to work with and the surface has like a dimple shaped pleating. Cut a few pieces in like a trapezoid shape. Tape them together with foil tape for a "hood". Ive got ceramic E26 fixtures i can easily wire up for a cord.

reflectix-radiant-barrier-st16025-64_1000.jpg

I can get it cheaper at Menards. Much cheaper for the 16" atm because its on sale. Looks like killer stuff for a DIY grow tent. The 4ft stuff though gets pretty expensive. 16" and 2ft is pretty cheap if you just need a small roll. I got a small closet in the basement to clear out. I was thinking about converting it to a grow area. Much easier for me to keep that room and closet warm. It already has heavy wire shelves i can repurpose too.

Two of them bulbs and 1 2ftx25ft roll should do just fine i think. Just enough Reflectix up top as a giant reflector.

A couple studio light holders that handle over 100 watt bulbs. They can be had for $9-15 a pair on Amazon. They can be screwed into a 1/4' bolt or just clamped to a 5/8 rod. You can buy a mounting base too if you really wanted but those are $15 each.
0ddb4253-983e-4c32-b93f-4f995c300533.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Back