• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Lovely tour of Sandy Acres Farm, origin of SB TFM

I came across this video while doing research on the origin of Scotch Bonnet TFM. Nice to put faces to names! Lots of good shots of the market and oral history, and the bonnets do make a cameo toward the end.

In it, Henry introduces his “right-hand man” of 25 years, Wade McCall. I’m no expert, but I know “McCall” is a common Jamaican surname. I wildly speculate that Mr McCall or his family may be the next step in the history of this pepper.

@Bicycle808, did you ever wind up bringing it up in person?

Last edited:
Good posting & they seem like nice folks there..I presume it's in New Jersey..what exit? that's a joke ? for those not from NY/NJ area.:D
BTW...Could not have picked a better name for that FARM.
I grew the TFM SB for the first time this yr & it's an awesome pepper...taste /color/size/heat just right...good choice if you're
into the BONNETS.
💃

If it’s true that they lost their seed stock and carried forward with a different bonnet in 2017, has anyone from the community let them know the original is alive and well? Might not be important to them if the new one is working, but maybe it was a family heirloom or something.

I couldn’t find a website for the farm, and I’m not comfortable making a cold call myself.

I grew scotch bonnets a few years ago, not sure the exact variety. To me they seemed pretty light on flavor. How to these stack up on that count?

Funny the "right-hand man" is on his left side 😁

I'm very much into scotch bonnets and am always inspired by threads like these. Now I absolutely need to grow the TFM next season! I need to check my seed stock! 😁

I wish I could visit the TFM...

Last edited:
Back