Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, Grand Champion at the 2016 Scovies!

I'm excited to announce that Lucky Dog Hot Sauce fared pretty well at this year's Scovie Awards in New Mexico, one of the longest running and most prestigious awards in the industry.

2nd Place, Medium - Brown Label
1st Place, Label Art - Dia del Perro 
Grand Champion, Marketing division - Dia del Perro

:woohoo:  The Dia del Perro label will soon adorn the Scovie Awards website, and will remain there for the entire year...and they're sending me a Disc It BBQ!

Congratulations to Robin Case, the brilliant artist and designer of the Dia del Perro logo, and to Eric Bucher, the talented graphic artist who helped to transform Robin's painting into a spectacular hot sauce label! They were the talent behind executing this fantastic label and I'm thrilled to share this honor with them.

Also, there was a rare tie this year, and I am honored and delighted to share "Grand Champion" status with my good friends at High River Hot Sauce, who won 1st place in their marketing category & tied for highest score in the division.
Congratulations to Steve Seabury & High River! 

(we each get our own Disc It - thank goodness, as sharing a BBQ with someone in New York would suck! :D )
Love & hot sauce
:cheers:

Scott

Ps - The Hot Pepper members are killing it at the Scovies now - last year's Marketing Division Grand Champ was Feisty Parrot!   :dance:

It looks like the one on the right, but with a customized design. So, yeah - the most functional trophy ever!  

main.jpg

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Also, there was a rare tie this year, and I am honored and delighted to share "Grand Champion" status with my good friends at High River Hot Sauce, who won 1st place in their marketing category & tied for highest score in the division.
Congratulations to Steve Seabury & High River! 

That's a high honor, he's a marketing genius...

Idiot Piquant said:
You ever take a mixed case over to Terrapin Crossroads to see if they need a "house sauce"? 

Actually I've eaten there a few times, and a few of the waitstaff buy from me at the Marin Farmers Market. I saw Phil's son's band play last time I was there. 
:)
The Hot Pepper said:

That's a high honor, he's a marketing genius...

Totally - and if I was gonna have to share an award with anyone I couldn't think of a better choice! 

He won 1st place for "marketing campaign", which I am honestly shocked didn't outscore my Dia del Perro label. I love the artist and the posters are brilliant.  It's the one with the pepper flashing the other peppers - hilarious. There's a series of them. They're all pretty incredible. 
Guess I should post the winning label huh? 
:D

12122787_10153574138575340_5434990746858557474_n.jpg

which is of course a play on my original logo: 

12088065_10153574139580340_19427631658075119_n.jpg

Back