• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Lucky Dog Red Label

Just thought I'd make a plug for a new hot sauce that arrived in my mailbox yesterday, Lucky Dog Red Label. I bought it on-line. Here it is with the afternoon snack of smoked brisket, homemade pickled jalapeno slices, and pickled eggs. The eggs were pickled in the previous jalapeno brine.
photobucket-48415-1359845166621_zpsea8cc5e1.jpg

photobucket-43500-1359846921661_zps7efab530.jpg

The big surprise is that it was murder on a pickled egg!
photobucket-22364-1359846903409_zps5a06775e.jpg

photobucket-22365-1359846935314_zps81874a09.jpg

I did not taste the sauce on a spoon since I think Scott Zalkind intended it to be eaten with food. So, I can't comment on how it marries with a stainless steel spoon.
th_e3032.gif
That being said, it enhances the brisket better than any bbq sauce I've had, and does not overwhelm the beefiness of the brisket. It plays a supporting role with its tart, peppery, smokey flavor. Heat is a medium (6 or 7), and manages to produce a noticeable "tip of the tongue" burn. A winner in my book. Thanks, Scott.

Wow - a surprise review! Awesome, thanks for that!

And really glad you enjoyed it - brisket is among my favorite dishes on the planet so I'm honored that you'd use that for the sampling.

Pickled eggs - that's a new one!

:cheers:

Hot sauces often pair better with BBQ than actual BBQ sauces, which can taste of ketchup, too much molasses, or liquid smoke. Cool that you found it works well with brisket. Try the Orange Label if you like the Red, and try the Green for something different.

Back