Lurker finally signing up

Hi all,

Been lurking around the forum for a while, finally decided to sign up. Been fermenting for a while, and have gotten into making pint-batches for friends in the last couple of months.

Thanks for all the content so far, and best wishes to all the growers, cooks, and pepper lovers in general out there!

aouY7Ry.gif

boutros said:
Welcome to the forum, what do you ferment?

Thanks!

Mostly I'm doing a lot of peppers for hot sauces (Fresno with a couple habanero's is often my go-to since it ends up being a good heat/flavor profile that most of my friends will eat / ask for jars for themselves).

Other than than, I've done kvass, sauerkraut, yogurt, pickles; bake pretty much all my own bread; and do a lot of non-lacto-fermented pickles (refrigerator pickles, vinegar/sugar pickles, etc.).

Right at the moment, I've got two quarts of Fresno's going for hot sauce; 2 quarts of banana peppers (also for sauce); and a quart of Carolina Reapers and arbol's for a test.

I'm leaving to go visit family back home in NC for a bit, but when I get back I'm thinking of starting a black garlic project, maybe have it in time for end of the year holidays.   

Ragothlham said:
Thanks!

Mostly I'm doing a lot of peppers for hot sauces (Fresno with a couple habanero's is often my go-to since it ends up being a good heat/flavor profile that most of my friends will eat / ask for jars for themselves).

Other than than, I've done kvass, sauerkraut, yogurt, pickles; bake pretty much all my own bread; and do a lot of non-lacto-fermented pickles (refrigerator pickles, vinegar/sugar pickles, etc.).

Right at the moment, I've got two quarts of Fresno's going for hot sauce; 2 quarts of banana peppers (also for sauce); and a quart of Carolina Reapers and arbol's for a test.

I'm leaving to go visit family back home in NC for a bit, but when I get back I'm thinking of starting a black garlic project, maybe have it in time for end of the year holidays.
Right on, that’s quite a variety. Black garlic is intriguing, haven’t tried yet. Love kvass.

boutros said:
Right on, thats quite a variety. Black garlic is intriguing, havent tried yet. Love kvass.
Black garlic has been one of the projects Ive really wanted to try, but only now have something that would really work and run for that long at a temp to make it work.

Kvass is great! The last batch I made went mostly into okroshka, so there wasnt really any to bottle at the end, but thinking of making another batch next time I make a lot of rye bread.

Ragothlham said:
Black garlic has been one of the projects Ive really wanted to try, but only now have something that would really work and run for that long at a temp to make it work.

Kvass is great! The last batch I made went mostly into okroshka, so there wasnt really any to bottle at the end, but thinking of making another batch next time I make a lot of rye bread.
Hell yeah! Do post what you are doing then if you can, sounds good!

Back