• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Lying Dragons!

HellfireFarm

Business Member
So I caught two of my Dragon's Breath plants lying to me. They're producing these instead
dragon-not.jpg

Not sure what either of these are, but they're definitely not Dragons. Not a big deal but I'm wondering whether it was a seed mixup with the distributor, or just hybrid throwback (that's a thing, right?)

Not a big deal either way, really, I have 40 others producing nicely, just a curiosity.

So I caught two of my Dragon's Breath plants lying to me. They're producing these instead
dragon-not.jpg

Not sure what either of these are, but they're definitely not Dragons. Not a big deal but I'm wondering whether it was a seed mixup with the distributor, or just hybrid throwback (that's a thing, right?)

Not a big deal either way, really, I have 40 others producing nicely, just a curiosity.
Unstable phenotypes and or genotypes will often throw out many different phenotypes and genotypes... it is just a matter of time and or numbers sown. The more that is sown the less time it takes to see the variation. This is why I posted lumpers versus splitters. My Bryan's Blood cross which is Scarlett's Chili x Poblano aka P1 (Scarlett's Chili) x P2 (Poblano) yielded over 30 different selections.

Some vendors will lump many different phenotypes all under the same name... again... why I made up the chart showing C3P0 being offered under 2 different phenotypes, but the same name. I am not hating on the game, but I am exposing how the game is played.
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 7.18.07 AM.png

I can't stop Jim Duffy or Jimmy pickles from selling my seeds grown by a third party person and naming the wrong colors. Man you sound like a damn broken record ERIC.

I can't stop Jim Duffy or Jimmy pickles from selling my seeds grown by a third party person and naming the wrong colors. Man you sound like a damn broken record ERIC.
Sounds like you are taking this personal. It is not about Duffy, Jimmy or you. It is about lumpers versus splitters and that is something that has existed across scientific disciplines as well as the pepper community. Stop taking things personal and realize not everything is about you. I for one never mentioned your name or even your handle in this post.

It’s not personal for Eric and it’s not about you. His gift to the pepper community is simply shedding light on vendors’ lack of understanding on this subject or worse yet, marketing methods.

Back