misc Mac vs PC

Hey Everyone!

I am working on getting this sauce company launched in the next few months and I am looking at what computer system I need that would fit my business better.  I love Apple products and I am an Apple fan!  My day job though we use PC.  

For your business which one do you feel works best for your business?

What POS system do you have/recommend?

Do you use an stand alone iPad when you go to farmers market, etc to process credit cards?

Thank you!!

Depends what software you are going to use.

Linux Rocks and is industry standard and opensource (free), so no big bad corpse to put backdoors and spyware in their. My internet machine is Debian(Linux) and no worries for viruses etc, even MS used Linux for their servers. Been using Linux 20 years.
Mac yes is very popular but comes with allot of politics, Ive know dedicated guys were their macs died and had to buy a new package since they dont come with setup disks like they use to.
MS is what I use for my workstation, it gives you the most options for software's, it however is not stable, virus software is a must and a couple other protection software. I wipe my machine every year because of "Windows Rot".
Apple IIe was my first computer and I still have it, I moved soon after to MS because their was more software options.

PC = Personal Computer

Thanks for the advice.  Still trying to decide might go with Square for POS and Quickbooks to help track inventory.  Using a Mac Desktop and iPad for the Square software.  Just did not know since most of the time selling I will be out on the road or at events so not sure if iPad is the best or iPhone.

I know PC = Personnel Computer just most people know when you say Mac vs PC the PC refers to Windows.  Could not think of the best reference for an eye catching topic last night when I posted this. 

:surprised:

dash-10 said:
I know PC = Personnel Computer just most people know when you say Mac vs PC the PC refers to Windows.  Could not think of the best reference for an eye catching topic last night when I posted this. 

:surprised:

It's like he's been off the grid the past 30 years

The iPad is better because you can buy a nice stand for it and it looks professional, half the time people think they are simply displays. Plus more room for signatures, etc.

iPhone works but it looks more hobby and less professional when you pull it out of your pocket.

Back