• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat MADAGASCAR PERI PERI Hottest African beauties

Wiki is not always BS, but never fully rely on their info. I do editing for them quite a bit;)
I personally don't think its the same but maybe a similar C. frutescens, possibly the same as Pili Pili. If it was the same as the malagueta then I would think of it not as an African variety but just a Brazilian malagueta brought to and grown in Africa, although even this senario would lead to differences over time.

POTAWIE said:
Wiki is not always BS, but never fully rely on their info. I do editing for them quite a bit;)
I personally don't think its the same but maybe a similar C. frutescens, possibly the same as Pili Pili. If it was the same as the malagueta then I would think of it not as an African variety but just a Brazilian malagueta brought to and grown in Africa, although even this senario would lead to differences over time.

Let me grow them and check out the fresh pods. Then we can definately come to a conclusion.

Till then......who cares ?

NJA

Back