• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Madame Jeannette/Yellow Suriname

Has anyone grown this pepper? I haven't seen a ton about them and just wonder what other people's thought's are on this plant. Thanks guys and gals.

http://thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=MADAME&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search
MADAME JEANETTE (SURINAM YELLOW)

Species: Chinense Origin: Surinam Heat: Very Hot

Apparently named after a famed Brazilian prostitute, this Habanero variant is grown on the Islands of Surinam and Aruba. The pods are shaped like small Bell peppers but with blistering Habanero heat. Said to be very prolific. This variety is very similar to Surinam Red although the pods mature to Yellow not red..

I've got one going ... but at this moment , not my best looking pepper. I've heard great things about these peppers. Never tasted one . I hope this plant does well.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I have some Madame J going.Neil gave me some seeds but he said they were crossed.They are velvet colored and tastes ahsome

Growing one plant at the moment. Has some pods on it (about 8-10), so looking forward to this one (though I don't know if the pods are of the yellow or red variety). :)

Has anyone grown this pepper? I haven't seen a ton about them and just wonder what other people's thought's are on this plant. Thanks guys and gals.
I have never grown them, but these are excellent and one of the hottest peppers I ever ate. I lived in Aruba. These peppers are diced fine and set on the side for each person to use as much or little as they can handle. I once got a piece between 2 teeth and it about send me into a frenzy. I don't know how hot they would be grown here, but for anyone growing them don't go crazy adding them to your food untill you find out. I, not knowing any better added one uncut, about 1"X 1" Madamme to a 5 Gal. pot of soup. It was so hot we had to cut the heat by adding lemon to it just to eat it. The Arubans laughed and said this is why we add them on the side. There great. I would like to know where you can get the plants or seeds. And for all you already growing them, Enjoy!!! Try sprinkling them on cooked Meat, Fish, Soups, ext. Just be careful cooking the in.

Back