• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Magnesium sulfate

Well, I have learned something new yet again! Hopefully not to late. My plants are fully mature and have peppers on almost all of them. Not all are turning yet. Only the White Hab's are pretty consistent with giving up peppers. I read that using Epsom Salt in the soil and mixing it with water in a watering can is good for the soil and roots. I also heard that it is supposed to be done early in the season not really at the time frame I am at now. Will it hurt to give my peppers the magnesium this late in the season for the first time ever? It just seems like the fruit is really slow to turn colors on me or ripening. Something seems to be missing. I have feed them with Miracle-Gro regularly and watering religiously everyday. They are sitting in good potting soil also. Not sure what else it could be, or am I just impatient?

Well, I have learned something new yet again! Hopefully not to late. My plants are fully mature and have peppers on almost all of them. Not all are turning yet. Only the White Hab's are pretty consistent with giving up peppers. I read that using Epsom Salt in the soil and mixing it with water in a watering can is good for the soil and roots. I also heard that it is supposed to be done early in the season not really at the time frame I am at now. Will it hurt to give my peppers the magnesium this late in the season for the first time ever? It just seems like the fruit is really slow to turn colors on me or ripening. Something seems to be missing. I have feed them with Miracle-Gro regularly and watering religiously everyday. They are sitting in good potting soil also. Not sure what else it could be, or am I just impatient?

Do your plants have any symptoms of deficiency in Magnesium or Sulfur?

Does the fertiliser you use include Magnesium? Which particular Miracle-Gro product are you using?

I spray my plants once a fortnight, when they're flowering/ podding.

http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/garden_usage_tips.htm

Back