• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Magnets and growing.

Here at work we sell these "Handy Magnet" thingos that are a plastic strip containing 9 magnets along the length of the "ribbon".
On the packet it claims that it can help plants to grow and yeild better by- Reducing effects from salinity, iron and hardness. Reducing the build up of calcium and Algae in drip feed systems and increase absorption of minerals and water into plants.

Here is an exert from the website.

"Heard about the benefits of magnetically conditioned water? Many people are drinking magnetic water and believe there are benefits to their wellbeing and health.

Handymagnet lets you magnetise your own water on the cupboard, in the fridge or on the run. Just wrap the strip around the bottle and within an hour the magnetic energy will begin to influence the water. Works just as well in the fridge as it does on the counter.

Magnetised water is 'wetter' and soaks into the ground easily. To try it for yourself, just wrap one or two strips around your hose next time you are in the garden."

Whats your take on these? Has anyone ever experimented with the effects of magnets and growing?

Website- http://www.handymagnet.com/ideas.html

Novacastrian said:
Has anyone ever experimented with the effects of magnets and growing?

Yes. The magnets will draw the cash out of your wallet. People whom have had the magnets influence them are called....suckers!

it is my theory that the gravitational force of the sun is what causes plants in the window to grow towards it...not the sunlight itself...

I would not have a clue RS. I don't care for basketball either so no sympathy there :lol:

AJ, would you care to elaborate on your theory?

they do reckon that magnets have all sorts of interesting effects on things.. my mum is into a lot of new-agey type crap and when i go to fairs with her there's always all sorts of magnet type products to help you sleep, pee and other types of things.. i've always been sceptical.. but if you dont try it you wont know! you've got the magnets... why not do an experiment.. track the data (:P) and see if it works!

the handy magnets are rare earth magnets, can get em from LeeValleyfor CAD$0.24 each. The web page is interesting, and apart from magnetised water, all the uses are pretty good.

AlabamaJack said:
it is my theory that the gravitational force of the sun is what causes plants in the window to grow towards it...not the sunlight itself...

Its got to be the light because plants will turn towards artificial lights as well (like seedlings turning towards my CF bulbs) so I dont think its gravity of the sun.

Back