• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Making a new Chilli! Aji Bodysnatcher

The selected F3 generation plants grew really strongly in the back end of last season, achieving close to uniform pod shapes. I saw a higher percentage of the plants I grew with desirable pod shape (50%). The heat and taste profile was maintained from previous generations too.

d96d33b00f796311f2c7554b959db4c5.jpg

d73daf71886fcfb28512b5132a9e8930.jpg

50e209c625b5f6ed733ef899114ca212.jpg

8f1e410285d4225f68c52ab4e9ffd985.jpg

I selected the best pods and sowed F4 seed late July 2017.  As per previous generations, I grew out 6 plants which have now been whittled down to 3 based on plant form and initial pod shapes.  All are sporting pods now which I am waiting to fully develop and ripen to allow for harvesting of F5 seed for immediate sowing. 

My ambition, all going to plan, is to have a large amount of good F5 pods to select for F6 seed which will allow me to release the variety in a close the stabilised state.  Overall, it's been really hard work year round growing but I'm really excited about the potential here and hopefully when others get chance to grow them, they will agree I've created something unique and worthwhile!  

dennish... I have space for 6 F5 seeds if you're interested in a USA grower to give it a try. 

I can add them to the F6 cross I will be growing from seeds obtained from member PaulG

My season germinating will begin 2/1/2018  ;)

Great looking work and patience you have so far.

Masher said:
dennish... I have space for 6 F5 seeds if you're interested in a USA grower to give it a try. 

I can add them to the F6 cross I will be growing from seeds obtained from member PaulG

My season germinating will begin 2/1/2018  ;)

Great looking work and patience you have so far.

Hey Masher, thanks for your interest but I'll be continuing to plough a lone furrow until I'm happy they are ready for release, hopefully later this year all going to plan.

rickvm said:
Whatever resulted from your F2 of lemon x fantasy? anything interesting?

Hey rickvm, I didn't grow this beyond the initial F1 cross... I decided to put my energies into the more promising of the two crosses I made as I don't have the resources / space to grow a large number of plants.

Back