• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

mangoes.

I have 3 going and 2 that just went into the germination box. They're pretty cool looking when they first sprout. The leaves and stems are a shade of maroon but will turn green in time. Looks like a miniature palm tree.

Some beans will sprout two seedlings. One of mine has two seedlings and othe other I notices the second seedling coming up when I repotted it this weekend. They make nice houseplants.

In a few years you should expect this sort of fun. When i was growing up I managed to grow a tree in a temperate climate with frosts and everything and it went well
WOXvn.jpg

I have 3 going and 2 that just went into the germination box. They're pretty cool looking when they first sprout. The leaves and stems are a shade of maroon but will turn green in time. Looks like a miniature palm tree.

Some beans will sprout two seedlings. One of mine has two seedlings and othe other I notices the second seedling coming up when I repotted it this weekend. They make nice houseplants.

Yeah they are cool looking. My biggest one have the dark purple, almost black leaves that are longer that the main growing stem, so they hang into the soil a little. So neat.

I don't expect to get mangoes but at least when people ask what kind of plant that is, I can say it's a mango tree lol.

What I do is take the seed and wash off the fruit as clean as you can. Then use a butter knife to pry the husk open to pull the bean out. Be careful not to damage the bean inside.

You can either plant it directly in moist soil or use the paper towel method. They are extremely easy to germinate. You can start seeing the roots form in a few days.

I use the same method as firedragon. when I plant, I make sure to plant the "bean" with the hump up, just at the soil surface,

It works, well. I am sure there are other ways. I right now I have a small seedling going and also one in flower thats about 5 years old (it has flowered the last 3 years incl this time, but hasnt set fruit yet)

I am in San Diego, and I have a friend here who grows lots of mangoes. they are delicious,
Good luck!

I can attest to their ease of germination, ours germinated from being placed in a compost heap with food scraps after being eaten

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with those two big trees, didn't set out much fruit at all. But I'm not sure if this was a possum or a bat problem. Could have also been stressed from flood waters? Only saw around 5 mangoes per tree.

How is the soil where they're located? Lighting? It's surprising that it doesn't set much fruit since all the mango tress I've seen are heavy producers.

Soil would be good I'm sure it's to do with wildlife or stress from the floods last year that would have had them fairly underwater. From the picture you can see that they tower over everything else so lighting isn't an issue.

I Tried Growing them about 10 Times and all The Seeds just Rot, I Then Tried it with water and a jar but nothing happen I kind of gave up maybe ill just buy a Plant and grow it the Lazy Way

Back