• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe Manzano and Scotch Bonnet?

Our market had some orange manzano peppers. So i grabbed one of the 3 packs. My bonnet has maybe 9 more i should be able to harvest and i have a couple already ripe. Im going to save the rest for a straight up bonnet sauce with maybe some Numex suave for bulk. The Numex are sweet with a hint of heat but have that "funk".

So im thinking a all pepper sauce without additional stuff. Just about 4-5 bonnets and the 3 manzano peppers. They are a little smaller than tennis ball size.

Rocoto and bonnets - yum!! Two of my favourite chillies. With so few chillies, I'd be keen to make them go further and maybe make a jelly. A little salt and lime juice would be needed for me too, as salt and acid tend to help bring out the natural flavour profiles of food including chillies, as well as contributing to stability.

I use enough sodium to get between 10mg and 15mg per tsp in my hot sauces and none in my jams/jellies. The last one a made with none per request and its very tasty.

100 Grams Manzano chiles (deseeded)
37 Grams Scotch Bonnet (mostly deseeded)
1 TBS chopped red shallot
2 TBS chopped carrot
1 Cup rice vinegar
1 TSP Pineapple Powder
1/2 TSP Granulated garlic
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
n4PVl0p.jpg

9AfEzYU.jpg

DeFawkinglicious
0O664LF.jpg

Last edited:
Back