campaign Matanzima on Kickstarter

So I've been looking at ways of increasing my production capacity.

I've been speaking to a couple of local copackers but their minimum order requirements (over $10k) would be a bit of a stretch right now.

But I recently found a new commercial kitchen that I can rent that has two 60 gal steam kettles! (used to be a soup kitchen), so that changes the picture somewhat.

But it does mean I need some better equipment like:

+ commercial grade food processor

+ sort semi automated way of bottling, (I'm looking at some low end bench top volumetric fillers.)

so I'm trying Kickstarter as a way to raise funds for these items

http://www.kickstart...rican-hot-sauce

I'd imagine that a few THPers have considered this, so I will let you know how it goes.

One of the things I was unsure of going in is how much $$$ would the greater Kickstarter community kick in. So far its about 40% (ie 60% of the money I've raised so far comes from people I know - 40% from people I don't - looks like they are Kickstarter "regulars")

I tried my hand at doing a thing on KickStarter, but it didn't go very far for me :(

I wish you all the best on this, hopefully your luck will be MUCH better than mine was...

I thought about this just recently. I'm just not sure I have the time to put what I would want to put into making it happen (raising the money) All of the promotion and updates would take a lot of time...I'm still thinking of doing it, let us know how it goes for you. Good luck!

Back