• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Matt and the Douglah

So this one was fun. I guess I am now part of the coal burning throat club. The burn was interesting because it bounced back and forth between the throat and the mouth. The majority of the pain was in the front of the mouth, with a few seconds of it hitting the roof of my mouth. Kinda like a evil peanut butter.

The pain was a slow building burn, beginning with a "bright" mouth burn culminating with a hot coal-like burn in the throat. It lasted for about 12 or 13 minutes, and was followed by a stomach discomfort, somewhere in the realm of 4 or 5 out of 10 for about 25 to 30 minutes. I tried to prep as best as I could, milk, tums, banana, and still some discomfort. Could only imagine if I would just have gone in blind.

Anyways, on to taste, because that is what you wanna know about right? Right. Anyways, I really enjoyed the overall taste. It was similar to a but, typical chinense flavor; however, it wasn't as "acidic" as the bhuts. The texture was great; crisp, light, easy to chew and swallow. Finally, the taste stays with you throughout which is a quality I like.

Again, thanks Brian. Great chili.

So this one was fun. I guess I am now part of the coal burning throat club. The burn was interesting because it bounced back and forth between the throat and the mouth. The majority of the pain was in the front of the mouth, with a few seconds of it hitting the roof of my mouth. Kinda like a evil peanut butter.

The pain was a slow building burn, beginning with a "bright" mouth burn culminating with a hot coal-like burn in the throat. It lasted for about 12 or 13 minutes, and was followed by a stomach discomfort, somewhere in the realm of 4 or 5 out of 10 for about 25 to 30 minutes. I tried to prep as best as I could, milk, tums, banana, and still some discomfort. Could only imagine if I would just have gone in blind.

Anyways, on to taste, because that is what you wanna know about right? Right. Anyways, I really enjoyed the overall taste. It was similar to a but, typical chinense flavor; however, it wasn't as "acidic" as the bhuts. The texture was great; crisp, light, easy to chew and swallow. Finally, the taste stays with you throughout which is a quality I like.

Again, thanks Brian. Great chili.

Nice video man! That was a gorgeous Douglah. I enjoyed the written commentary and you took that bad larry in perfect stride. Grats!

Great Job Matt!! I agree, beautiful Douglah! You took it very well, especially with your wife watching! You are the Man!!

Later,

Buck

lol @ making it smaller. Watched it on your channel last night after your upload. The coal in the throat makes these better for cooking with IMO.

Nice video man! That was a gorgeous Douglah. I enjoyed the written commentary and you took that bad larry in perfect stride. Grats!

Thanks! The chili was from Justaguy and he definitely knows how to grow em. Im happy that you enjoyed the written commentary as well. That is a fun part of the experience. I like to start writing as soon as the camera gets turned off. If I wait too long, I miss some stuff. I usually type it out in a word doc, and then if I have any after effects (like gut wrenching stomach pain) I can throw it in to the review later. Thanks again mass!

that throat burn is the worst................

Dude, I didn't know what was coming. I heard about it all the time, but now I understand. Different burn than the bhuts and scorps. I like that there are different burns, not just different tastes.

Great Job Matt!! I agree, beautiful Douglah! You took it very well, especially with your wife watching! You are the Man!!

Later,

Buck

LOL! Yea she is always giving me hell for it. Makes for an interesting video, and experience. Thanks Buck.

lol @ making it smaller. Watched it on your channel last night after your upload. The coal in the throat makes these better for cooking with IMO.

Thanks Brain. I set it to upload before I went to bed, and when I woke up I already had a comment from you. Definitely a quick one! I will be back home next weekend and something tells me I may have something waiting for me.....a la an undisclosed THP member. BUT...there will definitely be a surprise in there for you. So, stay tuned. Thanks again for the great chilis. Yours have definitely been fresh, tasty, and :hell:

Matt

Back